General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Met a cool dude today

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 12:31 AM

I know what you mean silverbullitt everytime I'm in a my car I NEVER see any other Montes, but when I drive the Durango I do see them and it's always the dudes that think they're cool and I only sit there contemplating "If I only I had my car..."

Old 08-21-2009, 01:23 AM

I remember the first few weeks after I bought my Monte. I raced either an '02 or '03 black Monte Carlo SS at night, haha, we got up to 75 in a 35 zone. The next day I got to race a 1993 T-Bird SC, he was a hair quicker but I think because he had the quicker response time on the light, plus that car puts out 15HP more I think. Most of the Montes I see anymore are driven by people who don't know how far down that accelerator will go, but I'm taking that path now too, I have to be nice to my car while I save up for its scheduled maintenance. Transmission flush, new brakes, new rotors, and new front tires are all on the list. Might put that shift kit in with the tranny flush.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 1FastMonteCarloLT
I know what you mean silverbullitt everytime I'm in a my car I NEVER see any other Montes, but when I drive the Durango I do see them and it's always the dudes that think they're cool and I only sit there contemplating "If I only I had my car..."
haha you hit the nail right on the head! i get that all the time too when driving my civic. last week coming home from the gym i was jammin on michael jackson's "beat it" song, lol at the red light 2 guys pulled up next to me with a caddy sts and i didn't want to be rude so i pulled up little bit. light turn green and i heard the caddy tires sqealing and away they flew by. i was like gee you guys are so cool picking on the little 4 cylinder who wasn't even trying to race. i think they hate my civic!!!

Old 08-21-2009, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by rj
I do meet some pretty cool Monte owners from time to time. Usually, it's the middle aged women driving the cool Monte that I see
Hey! I resemble that comment
Ugh!! Hate to admit the middle aged thing, where does time go???

Originally Posted by rj
and most of them aren't in to talking cars.
I don't resemble that one

But guys think I'm just a middle aged woman driving a cool Monte.

Little do they know that this middle aged woman has taught her teenage daughter how to tune up and change the oil on her own car, plus a few other things.

I see a black 05 SS with a real flame paint job on the fenders running around here, and you guessed it, driven by a middle aged woman. But I've have never had the opportunity to talk to her and I want to, oh so bad. I wanna know who did that paint. It looks awesome. One of these days I'm going to follow her and find out.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

another MCF stalker!!! only kidding Black Bowtie! i wish i could just stop everyone driving a monte and just talk to them! i've talked to a couple guys i've seen in drive thru food places and i also saw a guy washing his car at a quickie car wash and i thought about turning around, but decided against it! i saw a guy in a 4th gen burning tire in the opposite lane from me one time going home from work and also thought about turning around and folliwing him, but didn't! maybe i'm the monte stalker, oh well, see ya

Old 08-25-2009, 09:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Everytime I stop to talk to a Monte owner, somehow it isn't there car lol

It's usually the g/f's and the man is taking it for maintenance

They just compliment mine, and don't know anything about theirs.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:35 PM

about 2 weeks ago i was driving my 01 mc ss and i pulled into a quicktrip gas station, as my girlfrind gets out i see a black 01 mc pull up and three guys get out of it. as the driver gets out he looks at me and i say" hey man i like that monte carlo" he looks back at me and says yea rite but he turned out to be pretty cool and he fell in love with my sunroof and leather and he cant take his eyes off my stereo(2400 hifonics zues amp, 2 2.4 farad compasitors, pioneer indash flip out, quantium e.q. and quantium 15" spl monsters) and says he cant figure out how to puut a tv in it. so we talk for like an hour(yea infrount of quicktrip)

it was cool cuz like everybodys else says it hard to find a mc owner thats not an old woman lol