General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

MC Vertical Doors

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 12:19 AM

check these out space, epic lambo doors for only $600...i wish i had enough

http://tinyurl.com/6yp63yq

Old 02-23-2011, 07:57 AM

I have the 90 degree weld on kit installed on my Monte. It attracts a lot of attention but after a while you get tired of having to lift it up and down. I would now rather to have the old hinges back lol. The doors are extremely big on a Monte and one of my shocks for the drivers door went out on the drivers door so now its way harder to lift it up lol so I just squeeze out of the car so I wont have to lift it . If you do plan on getting the kit make sure you go to someone professional because you don't want the doors to not be aligned correctly.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by DRuben
I have the 90 degree weld on kit installed on my Monte. It attracts a lot of attention but after a while you get tired of having to lift it up and down. I would now rather to have the old hinges back lol. The doors are extremely big on a Monte and one of my shocks for the drivers door went out on the drivers door so now its way harder to lift it up lol so I just squeeze out of the car so I wont have to lift it . If you do plan on getting the kit make sure you go to someone professional because you don't want the doors to not be aligned correctly.
Is your car a daily driver? Im lookin @ doing it to my 5th gen but it will be a show car.

Originally Posted by 04 Intimidator
Those are pretty nice, but wouldn't like them too much in WI.
not if it would be a show car.

Last edited by gothkid; 02-23-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:39 PM

Yea i drive my car everyday sometimes for no reason lol. Don't get me wrong, at times I like to have them but I'm almost always rushing to get somewhere and they slow me down when im trying to get out of the car. Keep in mind that the shocks that hold the door can go out and my kit has 2 shocks per door (4 total) and they can average from $30-$45 each if im not mistaken. If one shock goes out, you might as well replace the second one on that door so It can be a "pain for fame". Look more towards the 90 degree kit also because if a shock goes out on any degree less, the door may fall on your leg or other body parts and a Monte door is not on the light weight side lol. With the 90 degree kit it can stand straight up and it will rest on the "holder" part of the kit so It can stay up without shocks. But if your doing it for appearance, I say go for it!!!

Old 02-23-2011, 04:50 PM

where would u get a 90 degree kit? this 1 is a 60 degree...see post above(top of the page)

Old 02-23-2011, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by DRuben
That's the biggest problem I've seen with these kits: installation. Not many people (besides pro body shops or many many installs) can line the doors back up correctly.

Funny story:

I had a Monte raise their door on me, (right after I smoked him), not sure if it was a sign of disrespect or good job. Either way, my passenger and I laughed soo hard...He pulls up next to me at the light, looks at me, and opens his doors with a "I'm a badass" look on his face...Bahahahaha Classic!

Old 02-23-2011, 06:35 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOL!

But seriously, I think that if they are done well they can look good.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:47 PM

Now, that is classic!!!!^^^^

Old 02-23-2011, 06:52 PM

thats pretty sweet...and so true

Old 02-23-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by MrChyes
where would u get a 90 degree kit? this 1 is a 60 degree...see post above(top of the page)
im looking into this company
http://www.scissor-doors.com/index.php

Quick Reply: MC Vertical Doors