General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

MAN this is a huge mess

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Default RE: MAN this is a huge mess

I gotta say DUH!! WTF were you thinking letting a so called "friend" "dukes of hazzard" your car? I would have kicked their **** and good!! And they would pay WHATEVER it took to get it back to original. Jeez.....kids!!

Old 05-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yah i dont even let people lean on my car so it doesn't get scratched!

but still

hood 200 bucks
stripe 50-100 bucks
paint 100-200 bucks

no more than 500 bucks to do it...i dont understand where they're getting 1200 from...thats rediculous!

Old 05-25-2007, 07:38 AM

ORIGINAL: cain45

I gotta say DUH!! WTF were you thinking letting a so called "friend" "dukes of hazzard" your car? I would have kicked their **** and good!! And they would pay WHATEVER it took to get it back to original. Jeez.....kids!!
Hey `James -Cain45-
Did you forget what it's like to be young & dumb ?
You should meet my Beach Gang....We still do stupid things, but hopefully we are
learning not to do things that hurt people/places or things.
I guess you were never a kid? LOL
My grandfather is still a kid in a old man's body : )
I guess we learn better when we have to pay for our mistakes or dumb moves.
Yellow Monte, I hope you and your friend work it out & your awesome Monte gets
fixed right. We live & hopefully we learn.
`Space & Beach Gang

Old 05-25-2007, 07:41 PM

i have one better for ya do the cowl hood like i wanted for mine with the steel hood scoop on it an drun the black lines on it then.
talking to body shops around here is would be around 700.00 total to have it all done and painted etc... becuse they dont have to repaint the whole hood as it is a basic scuff and paint type thing.

Belive me when i say they can fix a dent over the motor i know i have done this and it lasted for years till the ex ran the car in to a pole LOL
then it poped up .

but it was square over top the headders on my old monte. and they put off a lot more ehat this the 6th gen even thought of havign on or under it's hood.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:52 PM

Never said I didn't do stupid things as kids but NEVER anything to someones home or car. Those are both way too expensive to mess with. I once told my mom to not lean on the side of my car for fear of scratches.

Old 05-26-2007, 01:03 AM

I think I would had to have slapped the friend upside the head for doing that. You could get away doing that kind of thing with cars back in the early 70s and back. But now days they use such thin sheet metal that if you look at them wrong they dent.

Mike.

Old 05-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

if you ever see the hood when its off the vehicle you will understand how thin they are, same for the fender's they weight about 3lbs complete....i couldn't beleive that not like the cars back in the 50's, 60's and 70's

Old 05-26-2007, 09:48 AM

New hood u can get for 370.00 plus shipping

If you ask me, the old hood can be repaired without the worry of body filler cracking.
If they put the insulation back on it you will not have a heat problem at all.
There are plenty of hoods on the road today that has some type of repair work on it.
A good body shop will repair it without any problems

If they want to replace your hood, and you have them do it. Ask to see the old hood before you pay for the repairs.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:53 AM
ww

Go to this site and you can get a aftermarket hood for $281.39 includes shipping. Add $300.00 for Paint $50.00 for Strip and you get a grand total of ($631.39) These are real prices for painting ,I had it done about a year ago. http://www.car-stuff.com/chevyparts.htm.I agree with the guy above, they should be able to repair the hood, Your not talking about much body filler, just a skim coat and I can't see that being affected by the engine heat.If you have a dark colored car the sun can heat the metal on a car to temperatures hotter then the engine heat .WW

Old 05-26-2007, 10:13 AM

[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: vincentvega

IMO, you may be stuck with having to replace the hood. What happens when you get a denton your car, the metal actually stretches, so it will not go back to its original form. Also consider whats going to happen when you wax your hood - any pressure you put on it will only re-dent (is that a word?) your hood. Think of it this way - if yousqueezea pop can, and then try to take the dent out of it what happens? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
You've obviously never seen a good PDR guy in action. I had a couple large dings/dents all over my car, especially my hood. I don't know how they do it, but he brought those "body shop" lights to my garage, and got every single dent out of the entire car. It isn't just an improvement... Every dent is COMPLETELY gone with absolutely no signs it was ever there, even under weird lighting you can't see anything. And my car is black, so if something was still there, you would see it. [/blockquote]

[/align]

Quick Reply: MAN this is a huge mess