General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Mac7504 (Rytek/Superchevy) Monte- Pics!! Lots!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 12:17 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mac7504
Hey again guys and gals, I'm getting set to purchase a new radiator this week but sort of want to beat a dead horse first (sorry, I know).

I was going to just stick with the stock 5/8inch core unit, but I know I will be doing forced induction soon so I want to get something better; if I can, w/o having to mod TOO much other things.

Anyway, can someone look at my attachment of radiators (03 Monte 5/8, vs 04 Impala 7/8 police vs 98 GTP 1")? All of the radiator are similar in size but what I am unsure of is the differences in mount type (flange vs saddle vs pin?)?

Also, fittings for the trans cooler may be different, correct, can't I just remove and replace fitting from my old rad to new?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I switched over to intrigue fans in my Monte and picked up almost a half inch of room between my header and the fan. It is something to look into once you get a thicker radiator.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:33 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Enzo354
I switched over to intrigue fans in my Monte and picked up almost a half inch of room between my header and the fan. It is something to look into once you get a thicker radiator.
Good info, my buddy also told me about silicone fans (iirc) and flexilite fans, but I still need to figure out which core to get.. I'm hoping the radiator shop I'm going to sat has at least 2 to compare and see if I can/will to do the work.

The stock fan shroud is close to the SLP headers already.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:41 AM
15 Year Member

While doing a extra parts inventory I found some emblems that came with my setup but we never put on..:laugh.. This is my next project (to find a place to mount these).

On another note, the SS kit may be coming sooner rather than later, if ZZP puts it on their BF sale. I think I'll run that for a while until I'm in a position to pull the engine and do a full build. There is a shop here locally that will balance the crank and strengthen the crank but that is truly more than I can take on right now.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:58 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mac7504
Good info, my buddy also told me about silicone fans (iirc) and flexilite fans, but I still need to figure out which core to get.. I'm hoping the radiator shop I'm going to sat has at least 2 to compare and see if I can/will to do the work.

The stock fan shroud is close to the SLP headers already.
Those wouldn't be bad either. I'm pretty budget conscious though, and got mine both for about $15 at the junk yard and they work awesome. My fans actually hit my SSAC headers before, I've got at least a half inch now, if not a little more.

And I think the stock fans actually do most of the work of holding in the radiator. When I switched I had to put in the radiator hold downs out of an intrigue/grand prix as well.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:06 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Those wouldn't be bad either. I'm pretty budget conscious though, and got mine both for about $15 at the junk yard and they work awesome. My fans actually hit my SSAC headers before, I've got at least a half inch now, if not a little more.

And I think the stock fans actually do most of the work of holding in the radiator. When I switched I had to put in the radiator hold downs out of an intrigue/grand prix as well.
You may have a point about the stock fans playing a big roll in holding the rad in place, somewhat, I will have to look into this... I'm trying to drop as little coin as possible but I also want to do it right, actually, if the shop doesn't have the two rads, I may go to a junk and see if I can find them; credit for the idea...lol.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:29 AM
15 Year Member

I just worked with Steve & Zoomer over at ZZP and Zoomer JUST added an option for Monte 1inch radiator; order away fellas... I will be ordering this weekend most likely.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

do you know why we can not use the oversized aluminum radiator from zzp?

Old 11-07-2013, 12:09 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
do you know why we can not use the oversized aluminum radiator from zzp?
You can but the fitting need to be changed from what I was told (may also need to drill in fan shroud to kit). The kit I'm referring to is different from the ZZP over sized rad, it's just a standard 1inch core that they they fit with the correct fittings and such for your car.

Just got clarification from Henry;
"It will come with the fittings as we would make sure to get you the specific one made for the Monte Carlo. When ordering just specify in the notes section exactly your year, make, and model vehicle and we'll make sure you get the correct item."

Henry

ZZPerformance

Old 11-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

ok I got ya, I want the aluminum rad over the 1" core though.... wonder if they can make the oversized aluminum rad for the monte like there doing the 1" core rad.... hmmmm.... I will be emailing zzp soon as well

Old 11-07-2013, 12:23 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
ok I got ya, I want the aluminum rad over the 1" core though.... wonder if they can make the oversized aluminum rad for the monte like there doing the 1" core rad.... hmmmm.... I will be emailing zzp soon as well
I can ask for you; I've been shooting quick emails back and forth, I'm sure they could, its really only the fittings that are an issue; the fans could be improvised easily.

Quick Reply: Mac7504 (Rytek/Superchevy) Monte- Pics!! Lots!!