General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Mac7504 (Rytek/Superchevy) Monte- Pics!! Lots!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 10:34 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
I bet you have been busy, it's track season for you now. You placing on any events?

I would just do as you say and stay OEM...
Indeed it is, but I've been more focused on work, sad as it is to say. I was only able to do a couple of track days in the last few months and only at Auto Club Speedway. I missed my Chuckwalla event and I'll probably miss out on Buttonwillow too. Hope to get a few more weekends in coming up. I'll be getting some nice Supermoto action in August too..hahaha

I didn't go for my race license this year because I still have a ton of things to work on like body position and lines and such, plus I need to get my fat butt in shape. Good thing is, my bike(s) will be all ready to go...

I'll be sure to post some pics and maybe some vids soon.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mac7504
Indeed it is, but I've been more focused on work, sad as it is to say. I was only able to do a couple of track days in the last few months and only at Auto Club Speedway. I missed my Chuckwalla event and I'll probably miss out on Buttonwillow too. Hope to get a few more weekends in coming up. I'll be getting some nice Supermoto action in August too..hahaha

I didn't go for my race license this year because I still have a ton of things to work on like body position and lines and such, plus I need to get my fat butt in shape. Good thing is, my bike(s) will be all ready to go...

I'll be sure to post some pics and maybe some vids soon.
Aww man, not work again! Seems to be the thing anymore, everyone is chasing the damn dollar. We end up living to work instead of working to live. Well get it together as we all expect great things from you.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:57 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Aww man, not work again! Seems to be the thing anymore, everyone is chasing the damn dollar. We end up living to work instead of working to live. Well get it together as we all expect great things from you.
Yup, damn paper money nonsense!!! We should all start bartering again...hahaha

Thank you; I truly appreciate I...I just hope to get good in some club racin...:yea:

Here's the bumblebee in street/track trim. I was too lazy last td to change bodywork so I just taped all the essentials up...lol I've got some Sharkskinz that are sitting waiting for paint..

Old 07-17-2014, 11:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mac7504
Yup, damn paper money nonsense!!! We should all start bartering again...hahaha

Thank you; I truly appreciate I...I just hope to get good in some club racin...:yea:

Here's the bumblebee in street/track trim. I was too lazy last td to change bodywork so I just taped all the essentials up...lol I've got some Sharkskinz that are sitting waiting for paint..
I knew you were a madman, wow, what a dynamic machine you have to ride, control and survive on. I would lay it down on the 2nd turn. What are sharkskins, a protective suit you will be wearing?

Your bike looks sic and crazy fast.

Did you see the louvers I had made for my Monte's back window? I was hoping you would show up, wanted to know what you think about that mod. I know your into the extreme end of mods yourself. Look at my new Clay barring and wax post for my car photo's.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:48 PM
15 Year Member

Yeah, it's a different beast after flashing the ECU!!! It's only a 600cc but can now keep up with 750's, no government restrictions, and true 100% throttle and removed some engine braking. Still more to come! Sharkskins is a racebody I have for the bike, they are strong than OEM plastics and help in the event of a get-off.

So, getting my hands on an A/C delco w/p today...Dealer wanted 181.30 for the dang thing, but it's good to have friends with a parts so..At cost 75!!! Yeah yeah yeah!

Old 07-22-2014, 05:48 PM
15 Year Member

Hey guys and gals,

Swap out the spewing water pump last Friday and going to dive into the front hubs soon, anything special I need? Also, are the bolts re-usable? I've read that I'll need new ones, but my mech said it would be ok.

Quick shot installing the new pump....Longest part was scraping away the old gasket.

Lastly, Lo-Tek the only gauge pod setup for our cars? I've got a dual Aeroforce setup that I ordered and never installed; probably about time.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've done a lot of wbody hubs, reused the bolts each time, but replaced the axel nut with the that came with the new hub.

I don't recommend doing it if you don't have an air hammer with a chisel bit handy (as the hub is basically pressed in). I find the job pretty easy. I can normally nail one out in about 1 hour flat these days if all goes to plan.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:22 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I've done a lot of wbody hubs, reused the bolts each time, but replaced the axel nut with the that came with the new hub.

I don't recommend doing it if you don't have an air hammer with a chisel bit handy (as the hub is basically pressed in). I find the job pretty easy. I can normally nail one out in about 1 hour flat these days if all goes to plan.
I have a set of front Timken replacements and I don't see any axle nut that was supplied with them....??? Did I get the shafted?

A buddy of mine will provide some air tools, I just have to see if they are capable.

Old 05-04-2022, 01:44 AM
15 Year Member

Man, this takes me back. I loved re-reading this and seeing all the old names I've missed. I'm pissed tiny pics aka photo bucket died and all my pics went away but I'll have new pics to post shortly.

Zippy, chibi, maniac, turbo, and all the other names I've forgotten, please give me a pass.

Thread revival!!!

Old 05-04-2022, 07:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome back! Some of us are still here. You have certainly missed a few surprises over the past few years.

Quick Reply: Mac7504 (Rytek/Superchevy) Monte- Pics!! Lots!!