General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Mac7504 (Rytek/Superchevy) Monte- Pics!! Lots!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 01:46 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by l0gitech87
I must've installed between 10,000-15,000$ worth of parts in my 03 SS. I kept it N/A and rebuilt the top end of the motor last summer with ZZP stage 2 heads, GT2 cam, new lifters, pushrods, double roller chain, all new gaskets, seals, 3000 stall converter along with a ported intake, intake insert for the plennum, ported TB, full exhaust along with ported manifolds, few tranny upgrades, brakes, suspension, mounts, literally everything I can think of was put into this car and still want to throw another 2,000$ to rebuild the tranny myself and a Z7 Turbo kit w/ intercooler. Mac, my 03 SS is like yours exactly, its a one of a kind Monte only one ive seen modified here in Ontario. My hunger grows insactiable everyday. I work a minimum wage job as an apprentice technician for Nissan and in 2,000$ debt and can't wait to start modding again. I don't know how you or Turbo Monte have the funds to support your addictive lifestyles :P .. On top of that I want to purchase another MC as a winter beater for 1,000-1,500$ as my 03 has been winter driven for 4 years straight.
:wave

thanks for the post..

I haven't been on in a while as my motorcycle track season has been underway. Sadly, I've been pouring more money into my R6's and track time than my Monte. However, I am changing out the radiator tomorrow with a ZZP 1inch rad. I'll post the updates if all goes well, or if not.

I'm not quite sure how this will fit with the headers but I have an extra set of new police fans that I'm willing to mod.

Hoping to get to the FI part someday but it's very hard when you've got so many vices like I do...:laugh:

Old 05-13-2014, 11:56 PM
15 Year Member

Hello fellas,

I hope all is well with you all. :waves:

So I FINALLY got around to installing a set of ZZP's 1'' radiator this weekend and everything went pretty good (all fitting included and all correct). The only minor issue was the fan mounting being lower (as in shorter) on the ZZP rad; it's a bit too short but will still mount securely, just not perfectly flush. The radiator reservoirs are the same as stock so it doesn't push it back any further than stock either.

The rad performs nicely, even with my SLP headers, where my old stocker would struggle at times in high temps (it was very aged and clogged with oil and muck though) this one didn't. I took her out tonight for a romp (90* out) and she didn't even need to kick on the fans, even in street traffic. The extra thickness def has helped. I also noticed when I first took her out (Sunday) that she would cool soooo much more quickly than the old rad when the fans did need use (1 hour ride, all traffic).

However, now I have a new issue; I've got coolant leaking from around the crank area. Water pump gasket? At first I thought it was runoff from pulling the radiator but now it turned into a steady drip after tonight's run so it's def not that.

I can post a vid if it helps.

I'd normally call my buddy who helps me but he's traveling starting this week.

Last edited by Mac7504; 05-14-2014 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The coolant elbows just under the alternator would be my first guess.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:24 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
The coolant elbows just under the alternator would be my first guess.
You kno, just after I posted this, I remembered that those bastards of elbows came in two...lol.

Thank you for the reply.

I will report back.

Did you just put out some dyno pulls on YouTube?

Old 05-14-2014, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member

Yes I did 472whp 508ft lb torque on 19psi boost and 508whp 649ft lb torque on 22psi boost backing out around 4900rpm do to fuel pressure drop. I need to upgrade the fuel pump/ fuel lines again and get an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator lol

Old 05-14-2014, 12:44 AM
15 Year Member

Yes I did 472whp 508ft lb torque on 19psi boost and 508whp 649ft lb torque on 22psi boost backing out around 4900rpm do to fuel pressure drop. I need to upgrade the fuel pump/ fuel lines again and get an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator lol
Those are just insane numbers man!!! Congrats!!!! I really wish I could take a ride in that badboy...!

I saw it in my Youtube news....:cheers: The torque numbers are most freakin impressive.

Did you get your cooling sorted out?

Old 05-14-2014, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member

Yes for the most part. I deleted the factory trans cooler and am just using the aftermarket cooler which helped a lot. I had another trans failure after the dyno so I'm trying o figure out what the reason is for failure. 4th clutches were dragging and not disengaging which trashed the convertor. The trans is getting sent to dave at tep to diagnose why this happened and then i will be putting it back in. No big deal this time with the trans. Not like the other failures anyway lol

Old 05-14-2014, 01:26 PM
15 Year Member

Yes for the most part. I deleted the factory trans cooler and am just using the aftermarket cooler which helped a lot. I had another trans failure after the dyno so I'm trying o figure out what the reason is for failure. 4th clutches were dragging and not disengaging which trashed the convertor. The trans is getting sent to dave at tep to diagnose why this happened and then i will be putting it back in. No big deal this time with the trans. Not like the other failures anyway lol
Good to hear!!! Sucks about the trans but damn those numbers are brutal! haha Hopefully you will get everything sorted out!

Old 05-14-2014, 01:30 PM
15 Year Member

I checked the lower coolant elbow (under the tension assembly) and I didn't see any wetness in that area. I'm going to check again with pressure but I'm really hoping it just the stupid elbow and not the wp.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member

They normally hair line crack and are hard to see leaking. Use a mirror maybe so you can see better.

Quick Reply: Mac7504 (Rytek/Superchevy) Monte- Pics!! Lots!!