General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Mac7504 (Rytek/Superchevy) Monte- Pics!! Lots!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013 | 01:06 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
I would never buy a kit from a company when there is tons used for way cheaper. To use a gen v I believe you need an throttle body adapter, l32 LIM and the gen v. Not sure if anything else is needed or not.

I'll call tomorrow and get you a quote on the parts.
I really appreciate it. I really should have gotten on this back sooner, its super difficult to get quality support nowadays for the 3800.
MMS (Mike) emailed me 1am his time to coordinate a call later that day in order to explain a few things. He also procured me an M90 kit and SSIC really cheap (extremely cheap and tempting), and I appreciate that type of customer service...That said, there is always the bottom line on hand and who isn't looking to save a buck?

Thanks again.

Old 11-16-2013 | 05:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

I understand but I'm just saying I would buy a used turbo kit before I spent that much on a top swap.

Also why are you only wanting a ssic and not a full size ic?

Old 11-18-2013 | 05:09 PM
15 Year Member

I understand but I'm just saying I would buy a used turbo kit before I spent that much on a top swap.

Also why are you only wanting a ssic and not a full size ic?
Hey fellas! Back from Vegas, still alive...lol

I'd love to go turbo but those things are just brutal on trannys (I'm sure you experienced). My buddy use to run a turbo Impala and trannys wouldn't last him very long, so I'm trying to stay away from that, at least for now. I'd go full on build if I ever went that route.

The SSIC is the only IC option that can be run with the SS kit, also, it's a used kit that he is trying to sell for a customer, really cheap, but again, it's still the SS kit.

Old 11-18-2013 | 10:54 PM
10 Year Member

I would not ever do an ss m90 kit the parts are hard to find etc. Its an old outdated kit. You can male a trans last on a turbo car if you don't beat it every chance you get. My buddy with a sc build is on trans 4 so sc cars can break trans just as easy.

Old 11-18-2013 | 11:10 PM
15 Year Member

I would not ever do an ss m90 kit the parts are hard to find etc. Its an old outdated kit. You can male a trans last on a turbo car if you don't beat it every chance you get. My buddy with a sc build is on trans 4 so sc cars can break trans just as easy.
Yeah, it's going to be top swap or engine swap, I'm also considering picking up that engine and just building it slowly.

After looking around, and pricing stuff, I haven't been able to find a solid engine for under $900 with the blower. I know you mentioned it was too much but I just haven't been able to find one, and to ship, forget about it.

I found one local that will offer free shipping and most of my mods would carry over 03 GTP 88k odo. I'd love to do a turbo kit, but I'd have to lose my headers is one thing I've considered, not to mention it's 3-4k for the kit I priced out. I wanted to be into this for $2,500 max maybe 3k (for FI alone). I still have other vices to fill...lol

I guess you are right about the trans, guess I better start saving for another one...lol

Last edited by Mac7504; 11-19-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 11-19-2013 | 12:52 AM
15 Year Member

Ok, I know I've been posting a lot been but I been trying to get caught up with a few thing that have changed or I have forgotten altogether; this HP Tuner VCM suite, how do the damn credits work?

In anticipation of going some form of FI, I'm looking into an HP Tuners.

Should I get the pro or standard?

I THOUGHT I saw a vendor that was offering 12 free credit but I can't find it anymore. My initial plan was to find a local HP tuner here in LA and see what they can do for me but it would beneficial to have one myself, no?

Input?

Old 11-19-2013 | 09:37 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mac7504
Yeah, it's going to be top swap or engine swap, I'm also considering picking up that engine and just building it slowly.

After looking around, and pricing stuff, I haven't been able to find a solid engine for under $900 with the blower. I know you mentioned it was too much but I just haven't been able to find one, and to ship, forget about it.

I found one local that will offer free shipping and most of my mods would carry over 03 GTP 88k odo. I'd love to do a turbo kit, but I'd have to lose my headers is one thing I've considered, not to mention it's 3-4k for the kit I priced out. I wanted to be into this for $2,500 max maybe 3k (for FI alone). I still have other vices to fill...lol

I guess you are right about the trans, guess I better start saving for another one...lol
You can get a used turbo for a good price and then sell the headers for extra money to other mods

Originally Posted by Mac7504
Ok, I know I've been posting a lot been but I been trying to get caught up with a few thing that have changed or I have forgotten altogether; this HP Tuner VCM suite, how do the damn credits work?

In anticipation of going some form of FI, I'm looking into an HP Tuners.

Should I get the pro or standard?

I THOUGHT I saw a vendor that was offering 12 free credit but I can't find it anymore. My initial plan was to find a local HP tuner here in LA and see what they can do for me but it would beneficial to have one myself, no?

Input?
If you don't know about tuning I suggest reading a lot and learning before you try. The pro version is easier to use than the standard version but they both work. Each car you tune "unlock" costs 2 credits. If you use all the credits then you buy more credits from HP tuners.

Old 11-19-2013 | 12:02 PM
15 Year Member

You can get a used turbo for a good price and then sell the headers for extra money to other mods

If you don't know about tuning I suggest reading a lot and learning before you try. The pro version is easier to use than the standard version but they both work. Each car you tune "unlock" costs 2 credits. If you use all the credits then you buy more credits from HP tuners.
I thought about that, but I could also sell the block from the spare engine I'd pick up too. Still thinking out loud here (and yes if you can't tell I'm so indecisive)..haha I'll be looking around.

Well, not to say I don't know anything about tuning entirely, I do tune my bikes with Bazzaz and Power Commander units, but it's stupid simple and not as many tables to mess with, unlike a our cars. Mostly, it would be used to scan and dyno, and send sheets back and forth to a tuner I'd be working with in the mid west.

The interface different on the pro version I take it?

Old 11-19-2013 | 05:07 PM
15 Year Member

Can one of you kindly confirm if these are correct numbers for the timken hubs?

TIMKEN Part # 513179 {#HA590093} Includes ABS Sensor; Ball Bearing
$90.79 $90.79 Remove Part
TIMKEN Part # 512237 {#512150} Ball Bearing

The fronts appear correct because I see the ABS note attached but no note of ABS for the rear.

Please, and thanks.

Old 11-19-2013 | 11:01 PM
15 Year Member

Took a shot because I'm 95% sure they are correct, should have these suckers on in a few weeks....!!! Can't wait. I'll be doing both fronts.

Hooked up the snap on scanner and the front left is getting erratic speed, so the sensor is going or whatever, either, way, she's getting new hubs up front.

Rear will get a refresh as well; i'll post pics as I progress.

Thank you to those who have helped thus far.

Quick Reply: Mac7504 (Rytek/Superchevy) Monte- Pics!! Lots!!