General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Mac7504 (Rytek/Superchevy) Monte- Pics!! Lots!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013 | 11:31 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Anyone know why I'd need a reluctor wheel for a top swap?
NEW AC Delco Parts and Gaskets: -vacuum harness -supercharger gasket -supercharger o-rings -lower intake gaskets -headgaskets -headbolts -valvecover gaskets -rocker bolts -reluctor wheel (to use factory 3.29 gears)

From Milzy's site..Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-15-2013 | 04:53 PM
15 Year Member

Update; the reluctor wheel is the "old" way they did it...Now they just program the PCM for the gear change...

Working with Mike Miller (MilzyMS) on procuring parts for either a top swap or L67 swap; think I will pass on the SSkit with all I've been hearing.

Old 11-15-2013 | 05:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

Sorry man just updates myself on your thread.... yea gear change is done in the pcm and the same reluctor is used for every gear set now...

Old 11-15-2013 | 05:13 PM
10 Year Member

Also engine sounds expensive, just top swap your engine and save the money for headers etc. Top swap kits sell for around 300 from what I seen and if you top swap you will male more power then a l67 because your engine is higher compression.

Also I am selling a HD diff and output shaft for $100 plus shipping if you want to upgrade the diff.
(All you need is diff cover and selectable washer to get it in spec very easy I might be able to get you a diff cover as well)

Also I am selling a northstar throttle body with maf and other sensors for $160 shipped.

Not sire if your interested but figured I would tell ya.

Old 11-15-2013 | 05:38 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
Also engine sounds expensive, just top swap your engine and save the money for headers etc. Top swap kits sell for around 300 from what I seen and if you top swap you will male more power then a l67 because your engine is higher compression.

Also I am selling a HD diff and output shaft for $100 plus shipping if you want to upgrade the diff.
(All you need is diff cover and selectable washer to get it in spec very easy I might be able to get you a diff cover as well)

Also I am selling a northstar throttle body with maf and other sensors for $160 shipped.

Not sire if your interested but figured I would tell ya.
Thanks you for the relies. I'm def reading up and trying to decide what I really want to do; the $950 engine is expensive? This is the entire block with blower. The top swap I'm looking at will a pnp setup, which is why it's a bit more expensive; also the parts are in great condition from what I was told. I've got all the supporting mods I need (headers, cia, pnp tb, 1:80:1 roller rockers and push rods, 180 tstat, etc), so all I'd be saving for would be an inner-cooler.

I'd also require different axel (passenger side) as well, correct?

I may be interested in those parts; let me get back to you on that (if you don't sell them before); thank you for the heads up man...:cheers:

Old 11-15-2013 | 05:46 PM
10 Year Member

The whole engine is all stock correct? If so I sav a tad expensive. And the top swap has PNP heads? Who's heads are they? Price on this top swap with these heads?

Sorry forgot yes you would need the passenger side axle as well. If I get the cover for you it will be more than $100 I forgot to write that lol and also if I get my axles built this winter then I'll let my axle go with the diff. Just not sure if mg custom axles will get done do to funds...

Old 11-15-2013 | 05:55 PM
15 Year Member

The whole engine is all stock correct? If so I sav a tad expensive. And the top swap has PNP heads? Who's heads are they? Price on this top swap with these heads?

Sorry forgot yes you would need the passenger side axle as well. If I get the cover for you it will be more than $100 I forgot to write that lol and also if I get my axles built this winter then I'll let my axle go with the diff. Just not sure if mg custom axles will get done do to funds...
The engine I'm looking into from a dismantler, yes, stock, but I'd probably just be using part off it for the top swap and sell the block or keep it in the event I need another.

The other top swap kit I'm looking at is from Milzymotorsports; around $2,449 w/ mild port work, GenIII I can get 10% off right now. It's much more if I upgraded to a GenV blower.

3800 L36 to L67 "Top Swap" - Milzy Motorsports

It more than most other kits out there but stated his parts are A grade quality with zero play and comes with everything.

I just figured I could pick up the spare L67 and take the parts I need and perhaps Pnp the stuff, but it may come out to the same.

Thoughts?

We are on the same page, I assumed it would be more...

Old 11-15-2013 | 06:02 PM
10 Year Member

HOLD UP! $2500 for a top swap is insane! You can buy a gen v top swap for like 400-500 and buy Zzp or intense heads and have a way better setup for about the same cost as that from milzy. My vote is top swap it with a gen v from good used parts. If your serious about buying this stuff let me make a phone call I might be able to get you a top swap it will only be a gen 3 sc though...

Old 11-15-2013 | 06:32 PM
15 Year Member

HOLD UP! $2500 for a top swap is insane! You can buy a gen v top swap for like 400-500 and buy Zzp or intense heads and have a way better setup for about the same cost as that from milzy. My vote is top swap it with a gen v from good used parts. If your serious about buying this stuff let me make a phone call I might be able to get you a top swap it will only be a gen 3 sc though...
The base kit is cheaper, but still more pricier than other competitors.

I still need to do a bit more research with regards to the Gen V setup as I from what I understand, will require some modding to work with the L67 top.

I'm serious about all this; would you be able to pm me a price? That would be awesome; no need to go out of your way or anything though.

Old 11-15-2013 | 09:34 PM
10 Year Member

I would never buy a kit from a company when there is tons used for way cheaper. To use a gen v I believe you need an throttle body adapter, l32 LIM and the gen v. Not sure if anything else is needed or not.

I'll call tomorrow and get you a quote on the parts.

Quick Reply: Mac7504 (Rytek/Superchevy) Monte- Pics!! Lots!!