General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

LS4 4-cyl Mode - Sounds like S$%#

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:44 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: LS4 4-cyl Mode - Sounds like S$%#

i discovered not to fill up at arab run stations. nothing against our arab friends, but i went to one of their places with a 5 gallon can to fill up one morning and put some in the lawn power, the 5 gallon can took 6.75 gallons. make sure you fill up at a good station.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

ORIGINAL: LnLSS06

I love to "stomp it" with my V8 and I am getting and average of 21 mpg so I dont know what you are doing.
Me Too! I love to turn on the cruise control and watch it show 30 to 40 MPG, but I love to go from zero to Speed Limit in 3-seconds too.

I run BP Premium mostly, but we do not have my favorite High Performance Gas Company Sunoco, or my second favorite Clark, or even my third favorite Amaco 93. We have BPs and Velco almost on every corner, a couple Marathons, one Shell about 8-miles away, and Oh Meijer Gas. Trust me I wonder if I am really gettiing 93 Octane, but with no knocking I guess I am.

My car has 1,300 miles on it now.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:42 PM

Craig, BP (british petrol) bought out Amoco... BP actually carries Amoco fuels... but I've never heard of any Amoco or BP stations carrying 93... I've only seen 92 before (in Iowa)

Old 09-14-2007, 07:53 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

the ones in NC have 93. i typically fill up at a BP. no Sunocos around here, and the guy who owns the shells around here checks the state and national averages every morning and has his prices set a few cents higher than that. i felt ripped off going there anymore. although everybody else cashes in and said "we can get in on that too!!!", i still don't like filling up at our shells. plus, for some reason, everybody else wants to go to shell, always hard to get in and out. the bp/amocos around here are generally not too crouded.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:42 PM

I just laugh at the 4 cyl. sound. It's funny to me.I don't get to hear many 4 cyl. flowmastered ridesaround my area, plus when your other car makes over double the horsepower... it's kinda cute....lol. Been averaging 19-20 mpgand Ikick on it whenever the urge hits me.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: cain45

Just as I said before the 06-07 Monte SS's are not capable of getting what they are rated! That's why I bought an LTZ.
[/align][align=center]Come on `James, admit `it, you didn't get[/align][align=center]a BadAzz SS V-8, because you couldn't[/align][align=center]handle all the Power (j/k[/align][align=center]LOL ~ LOL[/align][align=center]Don't you secretly wish you would've got a V- 8 : )[/align][align=center][sm=happy046.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=happy046.gif][/align]
I wish i had gotten the v8, but then again the cost of insurance the extra money I would have to finance all come into play ... lol

Old 09-15-2007, 10:46 AM

21 MPG is still a far cry from what they are rated at which is 28.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:13 PM

I don't like the four-banger sound either, and at times it even feels like the engine is misfiring. So far, I'm averaging about 22 mpg with 75% highway/25% city driving. I'm 55, so I don't really have my foot in it that much - although I toyed with a 6.0 GTO for a bit this morning on the way to work. And no, it didn't get serious - I'm not crazy! [8D]

Anyway, I don't understand why our SS's don't get better gas mileage. As I've mentioned before, I'm still a member of a Lincoln Mark VIII club, and I owned a 97 LSC for over three-years (which is a long time for me), in which Iroutinely averaged 23 mpg. Although I never took my car on a long road trip, many Mark owners have experienced highway mileage in the upper-20's. This, in a car that was produced from 1993 to 1998,which is 11-inches longer and about 500-pounds heavier than an 06-07 SS? And without DOD?? I, for one, don't get it.

Personally, I'd like to hear a lot more about the Diablo tuner, and it's affect on mileage and performance with DOD disabled.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:30 PM

I just avoid the quick trip stations. I think they have some addatives that really take out power. Most people say it is "watered down" but those in the know disagree, it's just bad gas.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Well, starting yesterday I cleared my Avg MPG, and then went to 50-MPH and set my cruise control. Then I took the car to 25 and hit the Resume button, and listened to how the computer took the car to speed (sound of mufflers). After that, I then began duplicating the how the computer brought the car to the speed limit. After about 40-miles of driving in the past two days, my MPG is now showing an Average of 18.7.

I also learned to turn my radio on, roll up my windows, and ignore the DoD system. At half volume on the radio, I don't hear the 4-cyl shift. But I think my next purchase is going to be a Diablo Predator and 93 Oc w/no DoD will be my tune, along with 06MonteSS's special tune.

Are you guys 100% sure a dealership's computer is not going to be able to detect the flash changes, if I switch it back to "Stock Tune"when I take it in for service? Will I need to drive it for 30-miles or so for the ECM to re-adjust?

Quick Reply: LS4 4-cyl Mode - Sounds like S$%#