General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

leaking sunroof and pillar

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Default leaking sunroof and pillar

guys im really ticked off. lately its been raining like crazy here in sc and im thinking thank God i dont have my ttops firebird anymore. then yesterday i walk in my car and as soon as i hit the gas i felt water pour on me from the sunroof area and the headliner was wet. today on my way to work, i noticed a very wetspot where my pillar connects to the roof. i feel like crying and im already thinking about doing a trade in. Intimidator edition or not this is unacceptable. my friends 97 honda sunroof doesnts have a single leak wit its 210k miles smh

Old 09-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by nighthawk626
guys im really ticked off. lately its been raining like crazy here in sc and im thinking thank God i dont have my ttops firebird anymore. then yesterday i walk in my car and as soon as i hit the gas i felt water pour on me from the sunroof area and the headliner was wet. today on my way to work, i noticed a very wetspot where my pillar connects to the roof. i feel like crying and im already thinking about doing a trade in. Intimidator edition or not this is unacceptable. my friends 97 honda sunroof doesnts have a single leak wit its 210k miles smh
is the drain hole plugged?

Old 09-30-2010, 06:34 PM

on the passenger side, and i just realized my whole passenger side carpet is drenched. FML

Old 09-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was thinking maybe the drain hole being plugged up too. But when you said the carpet is wet, that blows my theory. Almost sounds like a combination of problems. I know if the cabin filter box isn't closed and sealed properly, your carpet will get soaked.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Smile Sunroof drain hose clogged... or kinked?

My drain also backed up on one side for the last few years. I read a TSB somewhere that the lower part of the hose may be flattened by the kick plate insulation. So I went into the hole below the emergency brake with a small camera, and indeed found it so. Even air would not flow through.

The hole is too small to reach in for a fix, but the hose end grommet pulls out if you give some slack.

First, undo the door garnish then sunvisor/headliner. Detach hose from sunroof, feed it partially back into the A-pillar. The kink may be stuck together, but a squeeze should open it again. Then pop the grommet back in and reattach hose to the sunroof nipple, etc.

Last edited by montecarlolady; 04-27-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: image links broken
Old 04-27-2012, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by montecarlolady
My drain also backed up on one side for the last few years. I read a TSB somewhere that the lower part of the hose may be flattened by the kick plate insulation. So I went into the hole below the emergency brake with a small camera, and indeed found it so. Even air would not flow through.

The hole is too small to reach in for a fix, but the hose end grommet pulls out if you give some slack.

First, undo the door garnish then sunvisor/headliner. Detach hose from sunroof, feed it partially back into the A-pillar. The kink may be stuck together, but a squeeze should open it again. Then pop the grommet back in and reattach hose to the sunroof nipple, etc.
Great info to add but the threads pretty old.