General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

L36 SS m90 supercharger installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ya i was actually gonna have it powertuned on the dyno next week hopefully, when they install the gauges. it was a canned pcm tuned for the kit and also tuned for a 98 l67 TB (ported to 72mm).

what about the stock L36 fuel pump? its not the same as a stock L67 fuel pump is it?
could this be a potential problem? i was planning on changing it in the near future after i rebuild my $$ haha, i guess when i do it i should probably do a fuel pump rewire as well?

Old 04-25-2009, 03:15 PM

I don't see any questions about this yet, so I'll ask.

I'm just wondering about the N/A 3800's stock transmission? Cause I know any '04/05 Monte that got the supercharger also got a heavy duty transmission behind the supercharger.
The only "Heavy Duty" parts on the 4t65e-HD are the differential and diff housing. Neither of these parts are prone to failure on either the standard or heavy duty transmission. (Unless you're doing a lot of 1-wheel burnouts).
They both have the same internal parts, and the parts that are prone to breaking are all internal (being the input shaft, pump shaft, and the drive chain).
The non-hd also came with a different gear ratio (3.29 versus the hd's 2.93) which makes the car feel a bit more "peppy" also.

what about the stock L36 fuel pump? its not the same as a stock L67 fuel pump is it?
could this be a potential problem? i was planning on changing it in the near future after i rebuild my $$ haha, i guess when i do it i should probably do a fuel pump rewire as well?
If I understand correctly, they are very similar pumps but are set up slightly differently. The fuel pump on the L67 cars has a small pump that feeds the main fuel pump. This is supposed to allow for consistent fuel pressure under heavy acceleration and cornering (it can still pump fuel if the gas is sloshing all over the tank).

Your fuel pump should be good for a while. I think ZZP recommends a rewire when you get down to a 3.2" pulley and bigger injectors for a 3.0" or smaller.
The stock fuel pump should be good until you need 60lb or bigger injectors. It's the guys that are running turbo setups or that are running highly modded M90 setups on E85 that are running out of room with the stock fuel pump.
If you want to do a rewire, go with one of the Racetronix or the Casper's rewire. The ZZP one is junk.

-Riggs

Last edited by biggriggs; 04-25-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

good to know, i was looking at the caspers rewire kit. probably do both the fuel pump and a rewire kit next month, after i get this cold start idle problem solved. so annoying.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

well, had a bit of a problem today with the fuel logs, posted that in a different section though where it should be. problem fixed though, no engine fires thank god!
anyways, just wanted to do a little update. i installed my dual aeroforces and boost gauge today. Looks amazing! i was able to do a full scan for KR and it was 0 almost all the time, shifting from 3d to 4th at WOT gave me around 4, but then it immediately went back down to 0. very happy! aeroforces are great, im able to keep up with a lot of things, and keep tabs on my cylinder 3 misfire. cant figure out whats going on with it. just does it every now and then not enough to set off a DTC. i am gonna try to get some pictures up of the gauges sometime soon, maybe even tomorrow before work if i can.
car goes to its first show may 2nd!