General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Keeping my Monte

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 04:08 PM

You're better off keeping the Monte its so much cheaper to maintain and repair this car it's not questionable in any way. Keep up with you're oil changes and do preventative repairs and it'll last you God knows how long, my MC is rocking 700k+ and I received a letter from Chevrolet of USA that if my car hits 1 million miles they'll be honored to take my car for showcase and award me a fully loaded Impala or a base CTS coupe base with me paying for the extra options (if any)

Old 04-13-2015, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Habbibie
You're better off keeping the Monte its so much cheaper to maintain and repair this car it's not questionable in any way. Keep up with you're oil changes and do preventative repairs and it'll last you God knows how long, my MC is rocking 700k+ and I received a letter from Chevrolet of USA that if my car hits 1 million miles they'll be honored to take my car for showcase and award me a fully loaded Impala or a base CTS coupe base with me paying for the extra options (if any)
Now that is awesome. You'll be like Al Bundy in Married With Children when his Dodge Dart (actually a Plymouth Duster) reached the million mile mark.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:48 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's sweet your Monte is still going with 700K I like the way they ride and handle, not to mention go great in the snow. Besides the rust the other thing that bothers me is the tranny shifts hard when warm sometimes. I just changed the fluid and filter about 1,000 miles ago, the pan didn't have anything that indicated a problem in the bottom. If I keep driving it like this will it cause the tranny to fail?

That's funny about Al bundys duster, I was just thinking about that, but then I remembered this

The Monte isn't a truck, but its bought and paid for!

Old 04-13-2015, 08:03 PM

Great in the snow? LoL mine is horrible even with snow tires I got no traction control nor ABS. It's hard as hell trying to get it to move and once I do I can't stop it lol (being serious here)

Old 04-14-2015, 06:41 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't like the traction control and mine isn't working nor is the abs. I drive this car in snow with no problems with all season cooper tires. If we get another winter like this past winter I might put snow tires on. That would be only to drive up my girlfriends driveway.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by monte67
I don't like the traction control and mine isn't working nor is the abs. I drive this car in snow with no problems with all season cooper tires. If we get another winter like this past winter I might put snow tires on. That would be only to drive up my girlfriends driveway.
Thankfully my traction control works. At least until I accelerate too rapidly or go too fast, then the panel lights up like a christmas tree. Need to check that out this summer.