Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

KEEPING A BLACK CAR LOOKING BRAND NEW!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Default KEEPING A BLACK CAR LOOKING BRAND NEW!

I just purchased my first black car - a SS monte.

Any one have any ideas on how to keep the black looking brand new?

I have seen many black cars out there looking horrible!!! I know black is hard to keep looking good!!!!

Thanks!

Old 02-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Default RE: KEEPING A BLACK CAR LOOKING BRAND NEW!

ORIGINAL: camnov
Ihave seen many black cars out there looking horrible!!! I know black is hard to keep looking good!!!! Thanks!
Clean it
Polish it
Protect it
Hi Corrine, I don't have a Black Monte, but I've found the infor on the below site very helpful. It has some great tips
on how to take care of your Black Monte Carlo SS
[:-]Click on below link & Explore it [:-]
Please post some pic's of your Monte.
Good Luck
Safe/Happy miles in your Monte,
`Space

Old 02-10-2007, 06:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

#1 RULE NEVER, NEVER, NEVER PUT IT THRU AN AUTOMATIC CARWASH unless it's a touchless wash, and they only do a so-so job. It's BLACK it has to be clean to look black. A good polish like turtle wax ice helps hide the scratchs.
I have a car wash/detailer hand wash my car every friday while I'm at work. It get's the week's salt off the car.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Old 02-11-2007, 11:13 AM

[align=center]Hi `Jason,[/align][align=center]You have a Beautiful/Awesome 06 Black Monte Carlo SS[/align][align=center]Thanks 4 Sharing your pic's[/align][align=center][:-]Click Image [:-][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/5158270535354DC4A544A5A6CEE2347B.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center]My novice attempt[/align]

Old 02-11-2007, 09:34 PM

I like it! I am saving that to my computer!!!!!

Old 02-11-2007, 11:30 PM

If time and cost aren't really a factor, I'd throw Zaino (http://www.zainostore.com) products into the consideration mix. I've been using them for about 5 years now.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yes definetely wax, i put 2 coats of wax on it before winter to protect it from our salt and snow up here in ontario, but when spring comes i'm gonna do a 3 coat wax job on it so i can get it all polished up and looking brand new again

Old 02-12-2007, 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: setshot50

If time and cost aren't really a factor, I'd throw Zaino (http://www.zainostore.com) products into the consideration mix. I've been using them for about 5 years now.
Zaino is great and have used it for many years as well, but I find on dark coloured cars it leaves a very oily residue that takes forever to remove. Someone here some time ago recommened this Nanowax...now its durability seems to be questionable, but on a dark coloured car, so far, I cannot beat the results. Better then NXT and Zaino.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: camnov
Ihave seen many black cars out there looking horrible!!! I know black is hard to keep looking good!!!! Thanks!
[/align][align=center]Clean it [/align][align=center]Polish it [/align][align=center]Protect it [/align][align=center]Hi Corrine, I don't have a Black Monte, but I've found the infor on the below site very helpful. It has some great tips[/align][align=center]on how to take care of your Black Monte Carlo SS[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click on below link & Explore it [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.autopia-carcare.com/how-to.html[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please post some pic's of your Monte.[/align][align=center]Good Luck[/align][align=center]Safe/Happy miles in your Monte,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]
Thank you for offering a fellow member detailing advice and for recommending Autopia Car Care as a source for great detailing supplies. We are available as a resource to your community to answer any questions you may have in regards to proper car care.

I would like to recommend our How-to Detailing Library. Currently we have more than 20 information packed articles on everything from polishing with a polisher to fixing scratched rims. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Again thank you for the recognition!

Quick Reply: KEEPING A BLACK CAR LOOKING BRAND NEW!