General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Jesus Wanted My Tranny Serviced ~ Thank God!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 05:08 PM

You guys are harsh, remind me not to go to AAMCO/MAACO

Old 03-22-2010, 12:08 PM

I don't know why everyone here is being so harsh about the flush and filter, seriously. If it's made to III specs it will be fine in the tranny. Did you guys forget what her car was sold brand new from the dealer with? III

I check my levels no matter what company is doing work on my car. I thought that was common sense. There will always be some moron out there doing something stupid like overfilling your transmission or crossthreading your oil pan plug and whatnot.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Made to "meet" the spec, and actually meeting the spec are to different things. GM does NOT license any Dexron III products anymore, therefore you will never know if the fluid labeled "for use in Dexron III applications" actually meets the original specs that GM had for Dexron III when it was a valid and licensed fluid. As of now, GM only provides licenses for Dexron VI, which is a better fluid, and fully backwards compatible with the Dexron III fluids. I am not saying that using one of the Dexron III marketed fluids will ruin your tranny, however, I am saying you really have no idea what you are getting for fluid quality, and or if it even meets to minium specs that GM put out for it when it was released years ago.

And AAMCO did a full rebuild on my Mom's Bonneville transmission, therefore I can tell you first hand that they suck, and should not be trusted for car repairs. They over charge for ALL of their work (and yes they did a few things to the Bonneville, and I later realized how much they totally ripped us off), they are not honest (they replaced two knock sensors that never needed to be replaced, and lied about what the code reader told them, I know this because I later had the same issue, and the code reader flat out tells you exactly what sensor is bad, they tried to tell us that it only has a code, but does not tell you what sensor is bad, therefore they needed to replace all sensors to fix the problem.) And lastly, they rebuild transmissions for a living, they should be able to fill a tranny to to proper level. But instead they OVERFILLED the newly rebuilt tranny by 2 full quarts. I'm sorry, but that is rediculous, half a quart I could maybe understand as being an oops. But 2 quarts come on! They obviously didnt even check or care what the fluid level was in one of their rebuilt trannies. So the transmissioned whined like crazy, and I had to finally figure it out on my own why it was whinning, and then had to spend more money and change the transmission fluid to fix their mistakes! AAMCO IMO is NOT a reputable company, and I do NOT recommend them for even the smallest jobs!

Old 03-24-2010, 02:42 PM

Definately a good day. Hope you have more.