General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I WANT YOUR OPINIONS!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Default RE: I WANT YOUR OPINIONS!!

well... i honestly would like to make it a TRUE track car, but i can't see myself having that kind of money in the next few years, i am still in school, and until i graduate and get my AS in computer software tech, i am making **** money while supporting myself, a house, and my 10month old kid... so i just wanna get the monte running better than what it is... aka getting a better rear end, maybe a cam and building up a tranny...

Old 01-10-2008, 12:08 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Cars are expensive. So are kids. And women.

Do yourself a favor. Never get married or have kids. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
(j/k here)

Don't be like me and waste your life on cars. And your child will only be little once. Enjoy it.

I have to disagree with the trans choice if you plan on street driving the car. Save yourself a few bucks with an O/D trans. Gasoline ain't free anymore. And as far as I know they aren't making it free any time soon. You'll be spending enough just building and keeping the car running. Saving a buck or two where you can isn't a crime.

One real good piece of advice I can give you. Do not....... tear the car down to a point you can't have it running again in a few days. A large percent of carsget sold as projects cause the owner ran out of cash or interest. And nothing adds more credit to argument "It's still in pieces. You'll never finish it. Sell it!" then a car setting in pieces. I know for a fact projects go for way less then a running cardoes. This goes for street/strip cars as well.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: rj

Cars are expensive. So are kids. And women.

Do yourself a favor. Never get married or have kids. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
(j/k here)

Don't be like me and waste your life on cars. And your child will only be little once. Enjoy it.

I have to disagree with the trans choice if you plan on street driving the car. Save yourself a few bucks with an O/D trans. Gasoline ain't free anymore. And as far as I know they aren't making it free any time soon. You'll be spending enough just building and keeping the car running. Saving a buck or two where you can isn't a crime.

One real good piece of advice I can give you. Do not....... tear the car down to a point you can't have it running again in a few days. A large percent of carsget sold as projects cause the owner ran out of cash or interest. And nothing adds more credit to argument "It's still in pieces. You'll never finish it. Sell it!" then a car setting in pieces. I know for a fact projects go for way less then a running cardoes. This goes for street/strip cars as well.

LOL definitely wont be doing that... i will be doing ONE big project at a time... slowly but surely, a buddy of mine says he has a highrise edelbrockcarb for me, (which will push me more towards getting the cam first) and the aiming for the tranny/rear end, then a belt driven super... and i know kids are expensive... custody hearing for me the 29th... wish me luck guys...