General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Hows this for ironic

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 04:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member
Default Hows this for ironic

So as many of you know back in december I blew the engine in my 2004 monte carlo ss. I traded it into a dealer who had a cash for clunkers program where they gave me 3000 for the trade even though it was not running. They allowed me to take off my alarm my radio my sub my exhaust cold air intake and switch it for the factory parts on the 04 intimidator I bought from them. Well My sister was picking my mom up from work as her car was in the shop. My mom works at my daughters and nieces school and guess what is sitting in the front yard of a house right next to my daughter school??? Yup my old monte. How do we know? its the only monte we have seen in this area that had the pace car decal with the big bowtie on the hood and the taz and team monte carlo all over the car the whole kit. Plus they recognize the bad paint job where you can see the original color of the car under the black. IM just kinda curious how much they sold my car for when the engine blew it had just under 175k on it. but its nice to know that it didnt go to a salvage yard or crushed but that someone else is getting some use out of it. Although I had a TON of fun in that car.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:26 PM

Great Story, thanks for sharing. Monte's are hard to kill & it was great to read that it was saved..

If you really want to know what it sold for ? Next time you see it (?), put a note on it & let them know that you use to own it...Maybe they will call you & you will find out (?)

Can't steal the good memories of past cars 4>Sure!

*Note to all >That's why is great to take pictures of the cars you've own...
(When you retire you can kick back & look @ them & recall the good times (WoW) If you can still remember (lol) ?

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 03-24-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:29 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
Great Story, thanks for sharing. Monte's are hard to kill & it was great to read that it was saved..

If you really want to know what it sold for ? Next time you see it (?), put a note on it & let them know that you use to own it...Maybe they will call you & you will find out (?)

Can't steal the good memories of past cars 4>Sure!

When I bought it I paid 2,700 for it, and it was blue and keyed all the way around. I put in $10,000 mostly in parts to keep it running and alive and maybe 2-3k of the 10k was performance parts and fun stuff. the longest I got to drive it without something happening to it was like 3 months. I had it for a year and a half.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:36 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

It would be interesting to know what they paid for it!!

Old 03-24-2015, 06:31 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by P343
It would be interesting to know what they paid for it!!
If they paid over $3,000 they got screwed. I only paid $2,700 for it, that car had soo many problems. it needed a new engine I blew that on the freeway. when I was done with it, it didnt even run. I kinda wanna go up to the house and ask about the car. I might write a letter with before and after pictures on what I did to it, and leave it on the car.