Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Kinda ironic...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Default Kinda ironic...?

I have a feeling that at 21 years old i am one of the younger members of this forum (that is active) and yet, i am DEFINITELY in the older bracket of the montes... anyone else think thats kinda funny/ironic LOL?

Old 01-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Default RE: Kinda ironic...?

Dammit, you made me think of Alanis Morriset

Old 01-08-2008, 10:55 PM

Not really. Many of the younger crowd have the older vehicles because they cannot purchase the newer ones. That is not to say we don't have enough that have the older vehicles but have built them up nicely you did.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Not really. Many of the younger crowd have the older vehicles because they cannot purchase the newer ones. That is not to say we don't have enough that have the older vehicles but have built them up nicely you did.
well, i dunno about others, but for me its preference... i want to control my car... not a computer that then controls my car... know what i mean? one day all the aliens are gonna come down and remote control all our cars, BUT NOT MINE!!! HA HA HA SCREW YOU ALIENS!!!
LMAO

Old 01-08-2008, 11:10 PM

actually i dont think it is strange at all my first car was a 56 chevy and im not much older then you and defently younger then the car was.

and even now the cars i have otehr then the monte carlo are older i know why i liked the 78 montes so much they had no computer. and the only emissions on them were to have a smog pump and cats. witch were and still are the first things everyone took off of them and for the most part never seen agian LOL

Old 01-08-2008, 11:16 PM

ORIGINAL: 81Monte350Power

well, i dunno about others, but for me its preference... i want to control my car... not a computer that then controls my car... know what i mean? one day all the aliens are gonna come down and remote control all our cars, BUT NOT MINE!!! HA HA HA SCREW YOU ALIENS!!!
LMAO

LOL same with the Atomic Bombs...We have a 73 GMC truck..that would live through both LOL

Old 01-08-2008, 11:25 PM

ORIGINAL: 81Monte350Power

LMAO
That's why I got my HP Tuners programmer. Much better control over air/fuel mix.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:31 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

yeah... your among the younger members. i wouldn't classify your car as being antique just yet though...

i'm 18 and a senior in high school with an '03

Old 01-09-2008, 08:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Nothing wrong with being your age and driving an older car. I was 15 when i earned my first car. a 67 Plymouth Valient. At 18 i had a 60 Apache. I drive something newer now cause i have a family and want something that drives real smooth on long trips (OK-PA). But my 10 yr old son wants to either build an old mustand or a truck like the one i used to drive. I'm leaning more to the truck. LOL.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

I actually like the 1985,86,87,88 better than I like my 06. But I have to tell ya... If you can drive a vehicle with VDC you will fully appreciate what a PROPERLY design computer drivers aid can do for you.

The way I found out was when I was Nissan, and they put me in a 350Z on a test track. I went down a 300-foot straight WOT into a sharp hair pin turn. I went to hit the brakes and my instructor (who was from England with a thick British Accent, told me, "Get your foot off the brake you sissy and hit the gas!" I did what he told me and the car flew around the turn -- tires squealing -- but perfectly in control. I was amazed. My instructor then told me I was only able to do that because of the VDC system. When the computer felt I was about to lose control, it took over and made the car go into the direction I was point the car. It started by grabbingjust the driver's front tire, pivoting the car around the corner. Then as the rear end started to swing out, it grabbed the passenger tire (and only that tire) and snapped the frontend straight, and down the track I went under full power and I did not feel the computer trying to kill my joy, but enhancing it! The second time around the track, after the instructor explained what happen, you could actually hearing the VDC system kick in and heard what it was doing. But as long as you pointed the car in the direction you wanted it to go, the car was going to get you there -- safely.

My understanding, GM is incorporating this type of control system on the new ZR Corvette. It will be interesting to see if GM does it as well as Nissan did for the 350Z. For if I knew I was in a 350Z, Maxima, or Muranowith VDC I would hit the bottom of one of those circle entrance ramps and floor it, and by the time I was at the top and entering the expressway I was flying between 80-100MPH (depending on the car). That little demo sold more vehicle for me than anything I could ever say.

I wish & hope GM learns, you want computer aids, but you want them to work without impeding your fun!!! In other words, you don't want to know they are working, you just want to enjoy them working with a smooth, flawless, exciting ride. You drive a vehicle with VDC and you will feel you are the BEST driver in the world -- how much of that is you, and how much is the computer, you will never know, and THAT is the EXCITING part. GM... They use computer aids that kill fuel supply, that shut down you motor, that put the car into a state of neutral -- or in other words, they KILL the experience!!!

If Nissan can do it so well... WHY CANNOT GM?????

Quick Reply: Kinda ironic...?