General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

How much HP can we get?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
I don't know, you'd be surprised. I wasn't really too fond of the overall look of the 7th Gens either; that was until I bought mine and now I love it and would even say I prefer its look over the 6th Gen. The 6th Gen is still a very nice looking car. Just saying.
To me it looks just like an impala, I always felt the 6th gen headlights curved design helps it really stand out (even though they are unique and it makes it impossible to get projectors and hard to find spare parts) I'v decided I like cars that just don't look quiet like anything on the road, and even though we 6th and 7th gens have the impala and Grand Prix as our sister cars I feel we still push the boundaries on styling and individuality even in the 7th gen. All earlier Gens also just stand out as a unique car, i'm very disappointed Chevy discontinued the Monte Carlo name. Dont get me wrong, I love the new Camaro, but Everybody has one (sorry Chibi, sweet camaro btw). I like to stand out from the guy next to me at the light.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Look at the side profile of the front clip of a '00-'05 Monte and compare that to the same side profile of the front clip to a '97-'03 Grand Prix. To me they look almost identical.

GM is notorious for a lot of similar body designs. But the Monte does have a few "signature" items about how it looks.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:06 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Look at the side profile of the front clip of a '00-'05 Monte and compare that to the same side profile of the front clip to a '97-'03 Grand Prix. To me they look almost identical.

GM is notorious for a lot of similar body designs. But the Monte does have a few "signature" items about how it looks.
yes, If you look at the lower half of the front side profile, but that's just a small part, we have the lines along the front and back inspired by the 70's Monte Carlo's. If you rotate a little forward we have the distinct curves in the hood. that part of the 6th gen is very similar to a Grand Prix, but its the little things that cause this car to stick out.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
but that's just a small part, we have the lines along the front and back inspired by the 70's Monte Carlo's.
OH, I agree, it is only a small part or parts the resemble non-Montes. The body lines/curves on the sides are something GM had in all the Montes except the 5th gens (I feel the 5th gens got cheated on that). And there are other signature Monte things. The SS cluster has 4 small gauges. They are on the left of the cluster and during the 4th gen, I believe they were in the center. The vertical spoiler, I know the 4th gens had one like that.

There are many other subtle things packed into it.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
There are many other subtle things packed into it.
...the small 2nd row window and its shape, tail light vertical orientation (excluding 3rd and 5th Gens), reverse light orientation. One thing I noticed with my 06 is, if you look at it from the side and slightly from the rear, the profile and overall shape looks EXTREMELY similar to the mid 80's Aerocoupes.

This is getting off topic, but oh well lol.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:01 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
...the small 2nd row window and its shape, tail light vertical orientation (excluding 3rd and 5th Gens), reverse light orientation. One thing I noticed with my 06 is, if you look at it from the side and slightly from the rear, the profile and overall shape looks EXTREMELY similar to the mid 80's Aerocoupes.

This is getting off topic, but oh well lol.
The topic is always monte carlo's! haha. Your right, i guess what they did on 6th and 7th was try to incorporate alot of old styling. I'v heard criticism on this fact but it tend to be why I really like my monte. The 7th gen side and rear ends look like a beefier 6th, I just never really like the impala nose as much.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member

Is there really a limit my friends friend really made his Honda civic hatchback fast pushing 1070hp and 750tq

Old 09-24-2013, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by tweek
Is there really a limit my friends friend really made his Honda civic hatchback fast pushing 1070hp and 750tq
Thats crazy

Old 09-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by TMoney
Thats crazy
Yeah but I think he spend close to 100k to get it there. haha, I have seen pictures but haven't seen it in person....YET

Old 09-24-2013, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by tweek
Yeah but I think he spend close to 100k to get it there. haha, I have seen pictures but haven't seen it in person....YET
100K?!?!?!?!? Thats crazy. You could buy a new corvette with that much money

Quick Reply: How much HP can we get?