General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

How many put their Montes in Storage?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 03:00 PM

I've been thinking of parking mine away and pick up a classic vespa(don't judge me) to school and back. So much easier with something like that.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tom.M
I've been thinking of parking mine away and pick up a classic vespa(don't judge me) to school and back. So much easier with something like that.
Old cheap cars are the best. I love it when people judge me when im driving my oldsmobile when they have a "clean newer car" that mommy and daddy bought them. and ive bought my monte, motorcycle, truck, and oldsmobile. haha im proud of my vehicles and treat them with care (except my oldsmobile :P) like everyone should

Old 01-15-2013, 06:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Mines away for the winter! Tucked in the pole barn with a battery tender on him. Can't wait to pull him out when winter is over!!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mines a daily driver for a few more years.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:21 PM

I park mine in the garage for the winter, to keep the salt off it..but I have 2 other vehicles ...so no problem..

Old 01-15-2013, 08:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ashley.Marie
Tucked in the pole barn with a battery tender on him.
So many people claim you should store a car with a battery tender. I have stored cars for years, unhooked both the positive and negative connections and let it sit from October until winter it done. No issues what so ever. The only difference between my charged battery disconnected and the charged battery on the parts store shelf, their battery is inside with climate control.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 PM

Mine gets beat up in the harsh Canadian weather and salt . When I get home I'm looking into getting a 90 day car pass from Petro. It's $200 and 1 car wash a day for 90 days. My friend who works there has a GT-r and has people with Vets using that pass... cars looking like new they day they came off the line. It works out to about $2 a car wash in the long run and it's touchless car was as well.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
So many people claim you should store a car with a battery tender. I have stored cars for years, unhooked both the positive and negative connections and let it sit from October until winter it done. No issues what so ever. The only difference between my charged battery disconnected and the charged battery on the parts store shelf, their battery is inside with climate control.
My dad takes all his batteries out too. but I'm weird and I like to start my car and sit in it. LOL so I just leave it hooked up with a tender so it doesn't draw and it gets pretty cold here some nights and I'm a worry wart about my battery dying.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ashley.Marie
My dad takes all his batteries out too. but I'm weird and I like to start my car and sit in it. LOL so I just leave it hooked up with a tender so it doesn't draw and it gets pretty cold here some nights and I'm a worry wart about my battery dying.

Typical Ashley

Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

Mines a DD. I'm a poor college kid who wishes I could afford two vehicles The monte is a good DD though

Quick Reply: How many put their Montes in Storage?