General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

From the horses mouth.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Default RE: From the horses mouth.

ORIGINAL: BillFromTR

$3200 eh? Now I def get it. A 92 Honda Civic or a 00 MC with the same miles for about the same price...I'd take the Chevy as well!
Who wouldnt, even If there were any 92 honda civics that still ran.
There are still many Monte carlos 70s, 80s, 90s, still out on the roads some even collector cars, The american Muscle car if you still would like to call it that has a huge following Mustang, Camaro, Firebird ect. It's the american muscle car, thats what does it for me. personally I would be embarrassed to drive down the road in a 92 civic. But then agian I'm a product of the 50's back then foreign cars were throw aways and the big 3 just kept putting bigger motors in there cars.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:35 AM

You got a speed density Camaro? Sweet! My buddy has one as well. Me and him go to the track all the time. Hes good for 12.6 naturally aspirated and 11.7 on the bottle.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:36 AM

A boring old V6 Nissan Maxima comes with like 255hp and an exquisite interior and handles quite well for FWD. Whatpulled you towards the MC rather than somethinglike that? Is is it all looks/commercial endorsments?
I think you answered your own question, and for the price doesnt even come close. You could drive a 4 dr box with no style or a nice looking Monte Carlo with just as nice a interior and does handle quite well for a fwd and it can come with alot more HP, your choice you can have it all or you could drive a boring old nissan with 255hp and nice interior.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:44 AM

ORIGINAL: BillFromTR

You got a speed density Camaro? Sweet! My buddy has one as well. Me and him go to the track all the time. Hes good for 12.6 naturally aspirated and 11.7 on the bottle.
Mine is dual turbo, very street friendly, my best time was 11.2 with street tires, I do have to say this is a nice car but to work on this thing is a nightmare nothing is easy.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:47 AM

Damn!!! Thats badass right there!

Old 12-08-2007, 08:53 AM

Hi Bill, & Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family
You have a awesome Ride : ) Thanks for posting/sharing
I've enjoyed reading your posts, and look forward to
your future ones.
Below is a older thread topic link,on why member's drive/own
a Monte Carlo : )
[:-]
Happy Holidays 2 you....EnJoy

Old 12-08-2007, 09:02 AM

Thank you for the thread link.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:13 AM

It really is a sleeper, It looks stock I got a 4:10 ring and pinion for it at the the super Chevy show a couple of weeks ago I can't wait to get em in. If i take it back to the strip I have to have slicks, my son took the 2nd pass he spun most of the first 1/8, on my last pass I went easy off the line and got the 11.2. With 4:10s it should be a little quicker, I have 2:73s in right now. I'll have to make it on the first try because anything that runs in the sub 10s has to have a roll cage and saftey harness they may not let me run a second time if I get into the 10s[&o]

Old 12-08-2007, 09:21 AM

Sleeper eh? Maybe looks wise but I can hear the sweet sound of turbos from a mile away, lol. Good luck with your 10 second pass!

Old 12-08-2007, 09:42 AM

I personally always liked the monte Carlo, But my biggest choice for picking this car was looks, no other car even comes close to looking like the newer MC 's (2000 +), Nothing on the car is taken off any other gm cars (body wise) and it's just full of style. (I like to stand out from the rest of the people)

It's also a very comforable car with lots of options, and enough power to get from place to place.

Quick Reply: From the horses mouth.