General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: Do the hood.
Yes
36.67%
No
43.33%
Wash your car
20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Hood Scoops

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 01:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

brock, do it...

Monte hoods should be decently easy to find at the yard, so if you don't like it, just sell the extractors and buy a hood, you'll come out pretty close to even im sure

Old 04-24-2012, 02:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

i vote NO brock i think you should sell it to me lol, so i can put it on my jeep. i saw on the cherokee forum a lot of guys are using chrysler lebaron or this similar scoop. i think some of the 93-98 grand cherokee zj came with scoop like this too. if you do find any either from pre-gen gpee, zj, or lebaron grab them for me please.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:21 AM

no hood scoop. its like putting cowl hoods on the 3rd gen montes, just doesnt make sense or look rite.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:59 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by nemesis
i vote NO brock i think you should sell it to me lol, so i can put it on my jeep. i saw on the cherokee forum a lot of guys are using chrysler lebaron or this similar scoop. i think some of the 93-98 grand cherokee zj came with scoop like this too. if you do find any either from pre-gen gpee, zj, or lebaron grab them for me please.
Will do sir. I found a smaller set from a GTP but those are going on the Grand Prix. I'll keep an eye out though.

And Mitch, these vents are worth $100+shipping so I could get a hood and paint it

Old 04-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by duxtoyz
no hood scoop. its like putting cowl hoods on the 3rd gen montes, just doesnt make sense or look rite.
cowl hoods look badass on the right 3rd gen

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Will do sir. I found a smaller set from a GTP but those are going on the Grand Prix. I'll keep an eye out though.

And Mitch, these vents are worth $100+shipping so I could get a hood and paint it
exactly so where do you go wrong except spending a little time on the project... I say go for it

Old 04-24-2012, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by duxtoyz
cowl hoods look right on 3rd gens. just as long as theyre not bolt on/stick on scoops, or 2 inches tall.

this guy got it right. this was the look i was going for with my car. hes obviously better at body work than i am.

oh yeah i forgot. OP go for it looks good centered.

Last edited by TheMonteMan; 04-24-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:37 PM

I had some of them louvers on my first car, I didn't have drip pans under mine which added up to some minor rust over the time that I drove the car. I don't think it'd look bad but i wouldn't do it since i've already experienced it once.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 PM

i still dont like the scoops on 3rd gens, im more of a clean look kind of person. either the motor sticks out or is hidden by the hood. cowl hoods in general arent my thing. but especially on 3rd gen montes that already have a bumped up hood, it looks like ur stacking blocks. lol. to each their own i like the look of mine in my pic, clean and low. and whats funny is i like the scoop on ur monte mr TheMonteMan......looks cleaner to me. plus it seems more functionable.

Last edited by duxtoyz; 04-24-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:38 AM

well thank you sir. i actually ordered a 4inch cowl a few years back, but vfn screwed me. the amx hood scoop thats on there was a failed attempt of mine at body work(body work is way harder than it looks.) i thought it worked with the hood lines. it is kind of functional. its got an excellerator 9" air cleaner that pokes through the hole in the hood, and i felt that warranted it. i havent worked on the car in a while so i never built the ram air enclosure for it i wanted to build. i had a 79 that had a similar issue with sticking out a bit with a 2inch cowl lift off hood, but cruising with the hood off with a small block just doesnt look impressive, no matter how tough of a small block it is. that and the car looks odd with the hood off with those points missing near the door/windshield area. it looks pretty cool in the car though ripping down the street with the hood off.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 PM

for sure. but with the 3rd gen it needs the hood or it does have a goofy appeal. i have a built 350 in mine with a small rise intake and my air cleaner is just 1.5" from the hood. im gonna look into a scoop like urs so i can have a lil more room.

Quick Reply: Hood Scoops