7th Gen ('06-'07): Hid and drl problem - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Hid and drl problem

Old 01-04-2019, 05:53 PM
Default Hid and drl problem

Hey everyone I'm putting new headlights assemblys in my 07 Monte Carlo SS. Also with the new headlights assemblys new hid bulbs for the hedlights. Now the new assembly has a drl bar in them which I could hook up to any 12 volt supply. the problem I have is I would like those bars to turn on when I turn the key. Are there any easy to get to 12 volt wire I can use to power the light bar when I turn the key in on position? I understand if I'm putting hids in for headlights I must pull the fuse for the drls cuz they decided to use the headlights for the drls instead of the high beams like the older generation Monte Carlos.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:19 AM

I used a fuse tap on the cruise control fuse for acc power...

Only powers it when the key is on or the car is running..

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.