General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

HID Conversions

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Lightbulb HID Conversions

Has anyone done one of these yet? Thoughts? Pros? Cons? I found a company that sells them for a good price and was thinking about talking with them about doing a group buy....Before i ask though anyone be interested? The web sight is www.SharpHID.com if anyone wants go take a look.

Last edited by MonteNoob; 07-23-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:39 PM

i was thinking bout doing an HID conversion myself

i have nokya artic white bulbs right now, but i wanna know what kelvin i should run, i dont wanna do no weak stuff like 6000k, im thinkin like 12000k or 8000k, if anybodys runnin an HID setup lemme know

i want that BLUE BLUE look, not that white stuff

Old 07-23-2009, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by SLAB_Ryder
i was thinking bout doing an HID conversion myself

i have nokya artic white bulbs right now, but i wanna know what kelvin i should run, i dont wanna do no weak stuff like 6000k, im thinkin like 12000k or 8000k, if anybodys runnin an HID setup lemme know

i want that BLUE BLUE look, not that white stuff
Check out the site i posted has a page that really explains the color temps and the light out puts based on the temps/watts. The blue blue look im going for too! Believe its like 8k is bluish/light blue 10k gives you a deep blue... higher starts turning purple...

Old 07-24-2009, 08:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thoughts: The blue always looks like crap. 5400K pure light is where it's at. At you can't go by temperature readings being certain colors, some people's 8k will look dark blue, and some will look more white. It's all based on the company.

Pros: A lot of light output

Cons: Will be done wrong on your car since you don't have projectors, will blind other people, cops can pull you over for it as it is illegal to put HIDs in a non-projector.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

The more blue you go... The less you can see. Anything over 6000K is dumb. And as ChiBi said, you'll blind people without having the proper projector housing.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Thoughts: The blue always looks like crap. 5400K pure light is where it's at. At you can't go by temperature readings being certain colors, some people's 8k will look dark blue, and some will look more white. It's all based on the company.

Pros: A lot of light output

Cons: Will be done wrong on your car since you don't have projectors, will blind other people, cops can pull you over for it as it is illegal to put HIDs in a non-projector.
So should i even consider it? My headlights are so dark i have issues driving at night... lol and to stubborn to just get headlights with black housing. Cops arent as strict on things you do out here in New Mexico. But i would hate to be the jerk that is blinding everyone as i cruise around.... anyway to angle the headlights down a bit? Has anyone with my gen car done it ?! Anyone?

Didnt realise the colors were different per company... Thanks with the advice about the color temps Chibiblacksheep and RickAKATed10 cause i really need to get something that will compansate my smoked headlights!

Last edited by MonteNoob; 07-24-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:51 AM

you wont blind everyone because its not in a projector housing. and i havent been pulled over for this now or when i swapped my 80s over. i swapped mine and they are not blinding. no one flashing me or anything. and you could always adjust the housing to point a little lower. heres the link there cheaper then what you were looking at. i posted some pics in my album. the link to that is in my sig. ive gotta post some better pics of the fogs and lows once it stops raining.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=102&parent=85

Old 07-25-2009, 07:07 AM

you save the 5400 and lower for your fogs or brights! like mr monte man said, you can always angle your lights a little lower if you were blinding people. 12000 look good but it would be a darker blue, kinda purplish. 8000 is really where its at if you want blue and can see better than stock blubs any day

Old 07-25-2009, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
you wont blind everyone because its not in a projector housing. and i havent been pulled over for this now or when i swapped my 80s over. i swapped mine and they are not blinding. no one flashing me or anything. and you could always adjust the housing to point a little lower. heres the link there cheaper then what you were looking at. i posted some pics in my album. the link to that is in my sig. ive gotta post some better pics of the fogs and lows once it stops raining.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=102&parent=85

Thanks a lot ! Kinda felt discouraged at first, but knowing someone else did it and it comes out good makes me feel a bit more confident in doing the conversion.

Sonin66 thanks for the heads up! I really like the blue but need to see so now im set on the 8 ks!

Old 07-25-2009, 07:35 PM

8000k or 10,000k are what i think im going for, went to my local auto mod store and told me around 150 bucks

cops where im at dont bother you on too much, we got people with 3 layers of limo 5% tint on their windows (not to mention 35% tint on front windshield), offroad pipes and cat deletes, HID kits that are straight up purple, and neon under body kits and only get stopped for racing/speeding

so if anyone gets the 8000k/10,000k HID kit, take some pics