General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Headlight Story

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 07:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

No mention of forwarding the issue about the wiring to the manufacturer (seeing as I think these headlights are still being sold)?

Sorry to hear that Keane!

Side note, I was at one point certified to do warranty repairs computers my company purchased from a specific manufacturer (one of the big vendors). A common answer for the test questions on "what do you do first" was "check if the device is still under warranty". That was the correct answer to a question along the lines of "a customer explains that they found a fault in a product's power supply that may result in a fire hazard, what do you do first?". They never said what to do after you check the warranty.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here is what i got

Please pay attention that you purchase mas made on 05/28/13. That means that we are not able to accept the return for the product according to our return policy. Please select the link for more detailed information: Return Item(s). We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced!

Following that link, their return policy is 30 days. It seems they're overlooking the big picture here. I can't find what the warranty information is for these lights, they're the Spec-D brand. I actually opened a warranty claim, since all it can do is just waste some more of my time. This will probably result in a dead end as well, but i will have tried all options atleast.

Last edited by Leprechaun93; 09-28-2015 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:43 PM

Hi `Keane,
Sorry to read about your headlight problems & that you can't get
a good response or correction.

It's sad that many companies in our world seem to just be in business for the $'s & not for customer satisfaction of what has been purchased. From GM/Ford/VW,AT&T etc....

I think your issue is a danger & I hope you find a source that can help.
Good Luck & Buyer Beware

Old 09-29-2015, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member

One last update. I submitted a warranty request. Received a response this morning, the lights only had a 6 month warranty so obviously that is long gone and the guy told me the lights have no wiring and they use the cars factory wiring (total bs, i sent them pictures) If it was my cars actual wiring that had gone bad, i'd be furious. So anyway, i've exhausted all options. I've got a set of crap lights sitting around now.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:48 AM
Lightbulb >Don't give `up 4>$ure<

Hi `Keane,
Don't give `up...Keep searching for a government agency that may help on defective or dangerous products.

Maybe the below may help

SaferProducts.gov

Check out the below

www.cpsc.gov/
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission

Consumer Product Safety Commission: official Federal Agency website, including recalls, reports, alerts. ... Report an Unsafe Product ... Connect with Us.

www.cpsc.gov/.../Unregulate...
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission

For most firms, there are two reporting requirements: Dangerous Products ... issued under the CPSA, or contains a defect which could create a substantial risk of ...

https://www.saferproducts.gov/CPSRMSPublic/.../ReportIncident.aspx

File a Report ... below to begin your report to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. * = Required. What information do I need to complete my Report?

Old 09-29-2015, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member

Na im done, there is no real harm done. I was just seeing if anything could be done.

Old 09-29-2015, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Na im done, there is no real harm done. I was just seeing if anything could be done.

Hi `Keane, sorry to read that you are giving `UP

"No real Harm Done" (?), Yes there was >You lost $'s/time & could've lost your Monte in a electrical fire

You must continue your pursuit for Justice For Humanity , for those that purchased the same or similar headlights

One must act when they discover wrong. If no one acts, then the harm & damage continues. OK, that's all >Your Turn <

****Member's, do you think `Keane should give `up ?

Old 09-29-2015, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member

I agree with you, theres alot of things that could have happened. But i've done as much as i'm willing to do. It's just not worth my time to continue pursuing anything.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:01 PM

I agree with you, theres alot of things that could have happened. But i've done as much as i'm willing to do. It's just not worth my time to continue pursuing anything.

Hi `Keane,
I understand, your efforts could be futile & a waste of time. "Time is `Life" (& we only get so much of it & we never know how much"
Wish you a good investment of your Time (Life)..."Waste your time & you waste your `life > Master your time & you will Master your Life" ?
(I hope)

We live & hopefully learn during our journey of life. Would you purchase again from that company ? (Their Lose)

Old 09-29-2015, 08:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

the guy told me the lights have no wiring and they use the cars factory wiring (total bs, i sent them pictures)
Wow, considering their own site description indicates no additional wiring and in the pic on their site, you can see wiring included.

You certainly did all you could on this matter. Thanks for sharing your updates.