General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Has anyone else gottten a ticket for this?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 02:16 AM
Default RE: Has anyone else gottten a ticket for this?!?!

I don't have a monte carlo, but I'm guessing you can take it cover off? It looks like a seperate piece.

Anyways, the law is the law. They will interpret it literally, and tell you that you've gotta have it on either way. I wouldn't waste $ in a court battle..

just my $.02

Old 08-07-2006, 02:46 AM

Ya it is a separate piece that comes off with two screws. But we don't have to worry about it in our state cuz we don't need front plates.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Yellow_Monte

Ya it is a separate piece that comes off with two screws. But we don't have to worry about it in our state cuz we don't need front plates.
what state is that?

Old 08-07-2006, 06:11 PM

California requires front plates, so I haven't used my filler cover at all. My friend has a Scion with a body kit and just has her plate in the window and has never been pulled over, so I might just risk it. If not, I'll just use it for taking pictures and for car shows.

Old 08-20-2006, 05:57 PM

Dude, what a crock of bull! I hope you win the fight. I have, on several occasions, removed my front plate because it cleaned up the look of the front end of my '76 and have never been ticketed. The longest period I've had mine off was about a year before a county mounty decided to follow me into my work's parking lot at 5 AM and warned me that it was a $75 ticket for not having one.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:14 PM

if you're not using your filler... can i take it off your hands?

Old 08-13-2008, 09:48 PM

Required to have one in Wyoming, plus it has to be mounted on or near the bumper, can't be in the window. Wish I didn't need it, the front end would look so much better I think.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

That sucks, Its not the law here in AZ, But the dealership put a plate on my front end, Ya I hate they punch the wholes and its horrible looking without a licesnse plate cover. Good luck in court, Maybe they will let you go with a warning if you get a front plate on before your court date if its mandatory to have one in your state. Check your local laws and just say hey didn't know came like this from the dealership and I put one on and its taken care of the judge may just say I understand and you got it taken care of. thank you and be on your way.

Give it a try.

I got a nascar 88 set for the car shows, It was once ripped off and I had to buy a new set, so its only on at shows.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:14 PM

The law changes from state to state whether you need the front plate or not. I got nailed last year for it and was given a written warning. Plate was on the next day.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:50 PM

I dont need a front plate in PA and i am also in need of the plate cover...

Quick Reply: Has anyone else gottten a ticket for this?!?!