General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Gripe session

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Default Gripe session

OK - here goes. This is going to be a long post, so you don't have to read it all. I just want to vent!

Back in August or so I put the MC in the shop because it was making a horrible whinning noise and shaking really bad under acceleration. $600 or so later I pick the car up and it still is whinning and shaking. I bring the car back the next moroning and tell the guy there is no difference. He tell me they changed the wheel hub. I asked him if they drove it afer "fixing" it and he says no, we just figured it was fixed. So, I leave the car there and it turns out to be a bad drive axel. A few hundred dollars more and its fixed.

In January I put new tires on it at a local franchise shop and no problems. At least, I thought.

Last friday I take the car to a local mechanic shop, suppose to one of the best in the area, for a radiator flush, tune up, and tire rotation. As I get there to pick the car up, they are just lifting the car to rotate the tires and the guy takes off the cover to get to the lug nuts and there are only 3 lug nuts on that wheel! The other 2 studs are stripped! I tell him to let the car down because I was taking the car to the tire shop immediately. I drove to the tire shop, about 3 miles away and show it to them. He looks up on his computer and tells me there is no record on me purchasing tires. I take the receipt out the the glovebox and show him. After letting him know how I felt about this type of work, not to mention the danger of driving on a wheel with just 3 lug nuts (and the 2 missing were side by side, not spread out) and making sure his customers that were there heard my concern with the dangerous work they were producing, he tells me the guy is no longer there who did it and they put new studs on and fixed it.

SO...I leave there heading home, about a 20 mile drive, and the car is missing, spitting, no power. My first thought is, "Well, ok, a new tune up, maybe the computer needs a little time to adjust." Nope. Drive it a few times over the weekend, no improvement.

Needless to say, the car is now back at the mechanic shop. He drives it and says, "Yeah, it's running bad all right." I'm thinking, "No ****, Sherlock!"

DOES ANYBODY TAKE ANY PRIDE IN THE WORK THEY DO NOWADAYS???????

Thanks, I feel better.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:12 AM

Randall, another sad automotive story 4 -Sure
"Pride in Work seems to have been lost by Many"

I do believe it is why our Country, our World is
having so many problems.
Since I have been running my Grandfather's business,
I can't believe the Vendor's that just don't care,
and their words are proven not true.
I have cancelled their contracts & obtained others
that promise to deliever....They R on probation.

I've been taught, if I was going to do a `job to do my best, or
don't do it at all.
It's Time 2 Wake `Up Ameri-Can `if they Want..
Pride in Work, Pride in Words, Pride in `Acts
If not ?
It's time to kick ZomeAzz

Randall, I hope you get your Monte Prob's ReSolved.
Tell your son to take it E.Z. on it lol
Next Time, take them to the tallest building
&

Last edited by Space; 05-04-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

wow.
sounds like back when i had my old car a 95 grand am. but some of it was just the car, and not the garage. so it make it bad on both ends.

no i got the monte i take it to the best local garage/performance shop around and they even specialize in Corvettes so i like taken the car there and they do some great work and value customers greatly.

From my experiences takein the car to the garage is a toss up the first time you go there, its always best to take it to a reputable place and if you know anyone who has gotten work done there.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:51 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time getting your car repaired.

Unfortunately I feel your experience is not an isolated one. Too many times you hear people complain about the place they took their auto to for repairs.

I had to have transmission work done on my 1994 Dodge Shadow january, 2008. For the second time I had to have a transmission put in the car since I bought it in 2001.

The local trans shop worked on the car for me and I trusted them. My first mistake.

Using this shop for repairs wasn't a new exprience for me. I've gone there many times over the past 30 years, since I started driving.

They tried to charge me $700 for a new torque converter, which they decided to keep. (explain this one to me?)

The converter they say they installed, had less then 100 miles on it (the time I picked my car up on wednesday till I had to have it towed back to their shop on saturday). They said it was now used and not worth $50. We all know they were planning on using it in someone else's car and charging them another $700 for it.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:20 PM

Hey OP, they probably didnt even put the plug wires back on in the right order. :/

Old 05-18-2009, 07:24 AM

Member's, Post your Automotive Bad Experience
I'm sure Member Rchurch `Randall is not alone : (

Post your Story, and what you have learned from `it,
or what you can tell member's to help them, so that they
don't have problems.

How and what do you look 4 in searching for auto repairs.

Thanks 4 reading, & thanks in advance for posting/sharing
on this subject.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When I got my first car, I took it to a local small garage that my dad always took his cars to. The two guys there knew my dad and I very well, so I trusted them. But when I started having a recurring problem on my car, they could never seem to fix it. Just said bring it back. Of course they charged me. That's when I started going to a local Chevy dealership. They fixed my problem the first time, and made me happy.

I wouldn't suggest going to the dealership for everybody. There are good ones and bad ones too. I just happened to find one of the good ones. Hopefully you can find a better garage in your area, that you can trust.