Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

A gripe of mine

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Default A gripe of mine

Do you guys ever get some clown pull up next to you at a stop light and wants to try to race? I get this crap all the time and it's not the rice-boys that do it. No, it's the jokers in thier pickups or SUV's. I've even had one dude try it in a Corolla(not one of the above I know) last week. His car was beaten to hell. The fenders went every direction but forward! I don't street race anymore as I'm too old for that crap. I know the heavy fine for getting caught. What makes a guy in an H2 think he can out run me? Morons all! BAH!

Old 08-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

since i've had my car, not one person pulled up to me to race! i guess either my car doesn't look like a racecar or people are to intimidated????

Old 08-19-2009, 07:32 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I've had this a few times mainly in my '86 Monte or the Pace car.

Since installing the missing Pace car decals on the car last spring what I generally get is people giving the car weird stares or they insist on pacing the car. Staying right beside it while we drive down the street.

I had one older guy in a Chysler start waving his fist at the car one day back in may. We were our way to my girlfriend Debbie's niece's for a little party. This guy refused mind his own business. The farther we got down the street the more irritated he acted. I guess he figured I was suppose to pull off the road and allow him to drive on?

Old 08-19-2009, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
since i've had my car, not one person pulled up to me to race! i guess either my car doesn't look like a racecar or people are to intimidated????
Me too. Although when I had my Trans Am it was different. It was nothing special just a 95 with an lt1. A dominoes pizza drive pulled up next to me in his nicely modded 1999 honda accord. He revved at me and I opened the cut out and revved back. He tried once that night, but never again. lol

Old 08-19-2009, 08:31 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Never in my Montes, but when I owned my 05 Mustang V6 I got it all the time and I hated it - people can be such jack asses. I got rid of that car and got an 06 Mini Cooper S and I never got challenged. I kinda liked it cause I never had to worry. I got more thumbs up in that car than any other car for some reason.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I used to get challenged in my 99 Grand Am GT all the time. Why? I have no idea. Except for the tinted windows, it was completely stock.

In my Monte I don't get challenged much. I mostly get either thumbs up or positive comments by Dale Jr fans, or I get "Junior sucks" comments. I do get the odd challenge, but I'm not about to street race someone anymore. Too much traffic and pedestrians around. And the penalties for street racing are too steep.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i remember when my dad had his old minivan, it was beat to hell, dirty, smashed, running on 3 out of 4 cylinders, with close to 400,000 miles..... we used to write in the dirt on the back " does it look like i care?". anyways, i remember riding with him, and we got into a similar situation as RJ described with the guy in the chrysler, only it was some guy in ANOTHER minivan. god, can you get more pathetic? the other guy had a newer nissan, and we passed him in the passing lane so we could get our speed up to make the next hill... so the guy gets all pissed, comes up behind us flashing his lights, beeping, and giving us the 1 finger salute! we gue up to the hill, and the guy decides he needs to pass us on a blind hill in oncomeing traffic..... so my dad just starts drifting over in front of the guy, lol, till he had to slam on his brakes. BOY was he pissed, lol!

Old 08-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

maybe i got to gets me a cool plate for mine so i get more responses from people who want to race, hmmm, ryan, any suggestions??? taz any one else?

maybe: 2quik4u, or (EJAKUL8) no way i'll be racing with that on my plate???? maybe HASH, posted by enzo, or maybe what 06MonteLT posted, "Foresum" might not work either, oh well, no racing for me!! i'm better off, i don't need any trouble!! see ya

Old 08-19-2009, 11:24 PM

Ive only had the suv deal happen three times. once in the 80 with some clown in a jeep grand cherokee. where i actually asked him when he was reving it at the light if he was serious where he said yeah. i let him walk 60' at quarter pedal and then dropped the hammer and ripped him hard. it made me sad for actually taking part in it. second time was a guy in a typhoon after the carhop when i was in the 06. that thing actually went pretty good. third time was a guy in a tbss i got next to him at 35 and we got on it i was suprised to pull on him. in his defense it was a stock awd model. the pickups and suvs are ok as long as there not the garden variety soccer mom ride. it only bothers me when the truck is totally not intended for any type of racing and the driver makes a fool of himself and all of those with him.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

a lot of times I just give them a thumbs-down and don't go for the race.

But if my car is feeling up to it....

Quick Reply: A gripe of mine