General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Good things do come out of bad situations!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I cant even paint my hood for $250
The Truth ^^

Old 01-27-2013, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by 641montecarloSS
Theyre right. My father has owned his body shop for 30 years and that doesnt even cover the materials in paint. Plus why is he sanding the car with the headlights, tail lights, reverse lights, exc. still on??? The paint will not stick if theyre painting around it. itll just start pealing in a year right around those edges. Make sure the guy is doing it right cause it seems pretty sketchy to me if he is doing it for that cheap. especially since he has to fix the damage on top of that, the price should be much higher. PLEASE keep us posted and hope to God all goes well for you. Be sure to look into some of his work as well for his quality in painting! Best of Luck!!
Heck, the back up and 3rd brake lights are still in it. Like I said, I was quoted over $4000 just to paint my car, no straitening, bondo, or any body work.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:41 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 641montecarloSS
Theyre right. My father has owned his body shop for 30 years and that doesnt even cover the materials in paint. Plus why is he sanding the car with the headlights, tail lights, reverse lights, exc. still on??? The paint will not stick if theyre painting around it. itll just start pealing in a year right around those edges. Make sure the guy is doing it right cause it seems pretty sketchy to me if he is doing it for that cheap. especially since he has to fix the damage on top of that, the price should be much higher. PLEASE keep us posted and hope to God all goes well for you. Be sure to look into some of his work as well for his quality in painting! Best of Luck!!
I'm gonna go talk to him tommorrow. I have never had anything painted so I appricate the help. He is making more than just 250 off the deal i know. He isnt charging me full price for the body work because i know him so i'm not sure how much he actually gets out of the deal. But i will talk to him. Thanks Guys.