General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Gone But Not Forgotten Monte Carlos

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Default RE: Gone But Not Forgotten Monte Carlos

In this picture it doesn't look that bad. Sorry you had to give it up, that's a beauty.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

she didnt save me i saved her... had a friend that hit a pole tryin to show off and i saw him one day i flaged him down... she was on her way to the scrap yard.. i offerded him 400 on the spot

Old 07-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

needless to say he took it..yeah bent frame but doesnt affect anythin its just the bumper bracket.. doest go any further than the steering box

Old 07-24-2009, 02:55 AM

Here's my story, about my 98 monte carlo LS named Carla. You know her very well how I've been ranting about her the past week.

I moved away from home about 3 years ago to marry my ex husband Chris. We lived in Oregon and times were always hard. Stress and financial pressures took it's toll on our marriage and as a result, I divorced his *** and moved back home with my parents.

I never thought I would EVER need a car living in Pittsburgh because people here drive like idiots. They make their own lanes, their own rules, and talk on their cellphones while doing so (worst inventions EVER I swear.). But I got a job in a town not too far away but that a busline did not reach conveniently so I bought a car. My dad brought her home on a sunny sunday afternoon in May and the minute I sat in her driver's seat I KNEW she was destined to be mine FOREVER. And then that fateful friday last week, Carla gave her life to save my own.

It was raining hard out, and I was driving to work like I usually do, on the same road, in the same lane, at the same time. Nothing ever changes about my route to work, it's the quickest dirtiest way there without sitting through many lights or any traffic bottlenecks. When lo and behold, a taxicab decides to make an illegal u turn from the opposing side of the highway to turn around and head in the same direction I was going in, only he cut the turn too wide and first hit a telephone pole before backing into my lane of traffic. I immediately stopped and put my hazard lights on, as it was becoming evident this guy did NOT know how to drive. And twenty seconds later BAM... my car was behing pushed into the jersey barrier and the lights on my dash went schizoid.

I realized I had just been hit, when my drivers seat gave way and I landed in the back seat tangled by the seatbelt. I could just barely reach the keys to turn the car off, I smelled gasoline REALLY STRONG which told me the tank was leaking, and it was less than half way full, a dangerous situation to be in. I blacked out, and the next thing I realized I was being CUT out of my car. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance, where I learned that my car was totaled and being taken away on a wrecker as we speak.

I was hit from behind, in the rain, by an idiot driver who was ALMOST intoxicated legally but certainly not sober, driving with a suspended license, doing 60 in a 35 in a downpour. Had my car been small, I certainly would have been dead because he DROVE INTO my back seat almost. That car saved my life... and that is why I will never own anything less than a Monte Carlo.

RIP Carla.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:26 AM

OMG what a story. Your Monte absolutely gave her life for you and protected you the best she could. I am so glad you are here to drive another one!

Old 08-04-2009, 03:38 PM

honestly i am truly touched by some of these stories you know people are always say to me why i go to so much lengths to keep my baby safe...parking very far from wal mart or any other store in the parking lot not near any shopping carts or cars using a sun shade in the windshield whenever its parked for more than 10 minutes and windows closed all the way and locked if im gone for more than 1 minute...i always say shes not just a car shes my baby and i love her.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:18 PM

We had a 1971 Monte Carlo. Whoever bought it new from the factory had some money because here is a list of factory options:
402 Big block engine
Front disc brakes
Factory A/C
4 power windows. 2 door windows and 2 quarter windows
Power driver seat
Factory cassette.

It was in decent condition when we bought it for $3k. White paint with a dark green vinyl top with pea green interior. Front bucket seats with a 3speed auto on the column. We took the car and turned it into a show car. Painted the block, engine bay, and transmission. Chromed the rest. Green wire and hose looming. Chrome pumpkin cover, it was beautiful. One night a bunch or tards decided that it would be fun to vandalize the car. 4x4 through the windshield and rear glass. Broke the grille. Tire iron to the hood. Head lights and tail lights gone.

We had to start almost all over. We replaced everything that was broken, and repainted the car. It kept winning shows, kept getting best of shows...kept looking beautiful. Then one day we discovered that it was rusting under the vinyl. Mom didn't wanna put the time and money into fixing it, so she sold it. NADA rough value was $10k....she sold it for $5k. That made me so mad. I miss that car so much. I've been on the hunt ever since to find a 71 Monte with a 402 in it.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by HyperFox
http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=88af2af6.pbr

Gone. And Never Forgotten. The hunt has begun for a new Krystal..
very touching... even though i havent lost the way u have i still havent named or appreciated my monte as u have... im keeping this monte for my entire life, and if the inevidable happens i will remember ur story and know that it can be REBORN...

Old 11-17-2009, 08:43 PM

Not exactly on topic, but why is it that no matter how far you park from your destination store in a mall/shopping center parking lot -- you wind up with an SUV on one side, and a pick-up truck on the other?

Old 11-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by expert1946
Not exactly on topic, but why is it that no matter how far you park from your destination store in a mall/shopping center parking lot -- you wind up with an SUV on one side, and a pick-up truck on the other?

i hear you on that one, it is a freaking coincidence, i guess, people want to park beside a great looking car! it totally sucks, happens all the time!!!!

Quick Reply: Gone But Not Forgotten Monte Carlos