Gone But Not Forgotten Monte Carlos - Page 10 - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Gone But Not Forgotten Monte Carlos

Old 06-06-2017, 10:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by BackNBlack View Post
Thanks for 10 years! Not prepared for my emotional reaction to leaving this beauty at the dealer. Ugh. I did not adult well today.

Whoa that's a nice ride for sure. What prompted you to do this?

Old 06-03-2018, 10:17 PM
Unhappy Since this thread is already off topic

I had a 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon with a Factory Manual 5 speed and 260 V8, 2 door, Red, Red Interior, Red vinyle on the back part of the roof. I called it the Gutlass Cutlass because it really didn't have much power, but once you got it rolling with that 5 speed you could creep up on more powerfull cars. I even got a North Carolina vanity plate "Gutlass" It had a torsion stabilizer bar that the Supremes did not have, so when you went into a corner, there was no lean, that bar just sucked that car right to the road. I got on it a little too heavy one day and snapped the shift rail, The trans was actually made for Pontiac Sunbirds which were 4 cyl. I found one and got back to my Parents farm ( I was in the Marine Corps at the time ) I rebuilt the original, and actually had to write TRW to get replacement bearings.
I spent the summer in NY at my parents farm, rebuilding the tranny , cutting out the rust and redoing the body, Got a set of the Supremes wheels , cause they were great looking, got a set of the Supremes dash but took it back out because it didn't work right. I eventually towed it to Florida my new home. I took it out for a spin to do some laundry, expired tag, no insurance, no nothing. No reason to do it other than driving that car instead of my legal Ford Ranger. Damn if I didn't get hit from the rear by a drunk driver and got spun around and the rear tagged another car. Called my insurance lady and she hooked me up with back dated insurance, cops wrote me up for bad tag and no insurance. The Judge let me totally off the hook because the driver who hit me was drunk. Lost my car, the guy who hit me, his Insurance Co. gave me $2000, and I took it. I have not found another car like that one since.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:28 PM

I spent my medical school years tuning and modding a 2001 3.4L LS; it was my saving grace for sanity. I became friends with the owner of the shop, and he taught me how to work on cars. Unfortunately, after years of great success I ended up with a computer problem and a transmission that was destroyed after adding nitrous and improperly tying it in to the BCM....

That car was awesome. I had the opportunity to cross country in it with my childhood dog shortly before he died, and we shared some great times just sitting under the stars together.

RIP Monster Carlo. Gone but not forgotten.