General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Fog lights on a LS

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 07:19 PM
Default Fog lights on a LS

I think the OEM fogs are sexy, how much of a pain would it be to install them on my LS? Has anybody done this before?

Old 08-01-2005, 05:24 AM
Default RE: Fog lights on a LS

the easy way to do them is go to a bone yard and get someoff a wrecked car. they would or should be rather easy to install. the front end of you car is cut for them just has the insecrts put in there. I know on certin years you dont even have to cut them out they are already done they just put the loverd caps in place for those whoi dont have them and they are ethier on the brackets needed to mount the lights or they have a clip they are screwed in to.

but go to a bone yard and get them off of a car there and get the wireing harnes with them you can get that all way back up to the plug easy enough and also get the switch if it is still in the car. and theier should be a space in the dash for that already . it gose over by the head light sawitch and is a push button (incase you havent seen one )

more then likley becuse so many of them have them they are wired in tot eh dash already for you also i would check for power for them after you digg in your dash. I know they are also a dealer install option or at least could be. when i got mine there was a guy that was having his installed on his car and it was a 02 . they were saying it was a easy plug and ply type deal . I would think yours would be the same.

as far as the bulbs i would replace those with a better bulb my lights you can even tell they are on for the most part while driving in dens fog they are not brite enough. I will be trying to replace them shortly with a hid set up i think . unless i can find a bulb that has more power to it with out melting stuff.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

the easy way to do them is go to a bone yard and get someoff a wrecked car. they would or should be rather easy to install. the front end of you car is cut for them just has the insecrts put in there. I know on certin years you dont even have to cut them out they are already done they just put the loverd caps in place for those whoi dont have them and they are ethier on the brackets needed to mount the lights or they have a clip they are screwed in to.

but go to a bone yard and get them off of a car there and get the wireing harnes with them you can get that all way back up to the plug easy enough and also get the switch if it is still in the car. and theier should be a space in the dash for that already . it gose over by the head light sawitch and is a push button (incase you havent seen one )

more then likley becuse so many of them have them they are wired in tot eh dash already for you also i would check for power for them after you digg in your dash. I know they are also a dealer install option or at least could be. when i got mine there was a guy that was having his installed on his car and it was a 02 . they were saying it was a easy plug and ply type deal . I would think yours would be the same.

as far as the bulbs i would replace those with a better bulb my lights you can even tell they are on for the most part while driving in dens fog they are not brite enough. I will be trying to replace them shortly with a hid set up i think . unless i can find a bulb that has more power to it with out melting stuff.
The main issues for me here are 1. besides cutting out the louvered insert, will I have to make any modifications to the bumper cover, and 2. is it going to be a PITA to get the switch up into and mounted in the dash?

If I am able to get some, I plan on upgrading to Luminics JDM yellow bulbs

Old 08-01-2005, 06:38 PM

not sure if your dash has the cut out but if it dose should not be hard at all there was just two screws holding mine in when i did the guages . and there was a big switch plate to cover the whole hole up that is was had. (IMO. kind of to big for such a small \switch)

yeha i would defently go with a better buld then the stockers.

as far as the front bumper cover i dont think you will have to cut to hard on them those lovers are desind to come out pretty easy . I know a kid here that did them on his car i will see him this Thursday i will ask him about it to but i know he did them in a few hours one sat.
Said it was not bad at all. the one thing he did say was to get the wireing to the plugs and also the switch . After market switches dont fit right is why he ended up ordering one from the states to fit in the stock location.

I will ask him. Thursday eve. at the mneeting

Old 08-01-2005, 09:02 PM

not sure if your dash has the cut out but if it dose should not be hard at all there was just two screws holding mine in when i did the guages . and there was a big switch plate to cover the whole hole up that is was had. (IMO. kind of to big for such a small \switch)

yeha i would defently go with a better buld then the stockers.

as far as the front bumper cover i dont think you will have to cut to hard on them those lovers are desind to come out pretty easy . I know a kid here that did them on his car i will see him this Thursday i will ask him about it to but i know he did them in a few hours one sat.
Said it was not bad at all. the one thing he did say was to get the wireing to the plugs and also the switch . After market switches dont fit right is why he ended up ordering one from the states to fit in the stock location.

I will ask him. Thursday eve. at the mneeting
Sounds good, thanks.

If all else fails, I'll just buy a set of OEM fog lights and splice into the headlights so they come on at the same time, eliminating the need for a switch.

Old 08-02-2005, 07:02 AM

that would work also but i know in some states they will give ya a ticket for that.

In NE. they used to look for it after to many of the kids were running airplane landing lights as fog lights.

I know these are no where close enough to be that brite but still the same i would check local laws on it.

Ill see what he did for his.

Old 08-02-2005, 05:29 PM

that would work also but i know in some states they will give ya a ticket for that.

In NE. they used to look for it after to many of the kids were running airplane landing lights as fog lights.

I know these are no where close enough to be that brite but still the same i would check local laws on it.

Ill see what he did for his.
In Oregon, it is illegal to run fogs only or have them on at times when you are supposed to dim your headlights. So I'll be good by having them tapped into my headlights since I don't ever turn them on manually anyways.