General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: A poll
They Rock
60.00%
They are OK
26.67%
They Suck
13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Flames....Good or Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Photobucket
Default RE: Flames....Good or Bad?

First let me say thanks CMC, I'm glad to see someone else thinks they are kick *** as I do. I would enjoy seeing some of the stuff you have come up with in the past. Hell, maybe I will have you do some flames on my motorcycle. Anyway.....The continuum of this "battle" isn't required, because I am not going to ignore OR not listen to any opinions no matter how negative. 04MonteLS was right. I asked for your opinions, no one is forcing their biased/negative opinions on me. I requested that they be given, therefore I will listen to AND not ignore all opinions on this matter. The only thing that I am bothered by is the fact that there are really only like, 9 active posters out of 300 something members, so I won't be able to get an accurate outcome. Thanks again though CMC.

Old 06-29-2005, 08:37 PM
CMC
10 Year Member

Wait, wait, gotta defend the idea of flames on cars.

Come on, you telling me that you don't like the look of a flamed 32 Ford? Or what about flames on a 49 Merc lead sled? Don't ya have a single Hot Rodder nerve in your body man? Flames have been a part of the automotive culture for longer than anyone on this board has been alive. Sure it's ok to have an opinion, but sometimes opinions are wrong. Flames don't belong on cars? How could one come to such a conclusion or idea I'll never know.

Must not be a Hot Rodder I guess.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:06 PM

cmc i agree with ya man 32 coupe and flames there is no other way to have them LOL

but then i grew up around uncels and brothers that all they did was fix up cars and i dont hink i remeber any of the older ones that were not stock ever being anythign but flamed man i wish i ould have some of them today LOL

they did a 36 chevy truck once you could not put a lifesavers roll under the front bumper on it and flames werr all i remeber on it LOL but that was pre Speed mountains in the midded of the road .

when done right flames can look really nice on a car. but there are some cars i guess that dont need that touch for them to look nice. On the monte they screm do somethign to me plain white on the monte is like having a plain bill borad with nothign on it it is just there.

they need the flames or racing stripes or somethign on them to look right but then this is my opion talking
I think when they came out with the cowel indutiion hood it was the best thing they could have done for our cars. just wish it would have been a factory option i would have had it if it was.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Photobucket

Hell yeah, it's nice to find more people who think like me. that whole billboard comparison, perfect, i couldn't have said it better myself, the cowel hood? beautiful! Man, I wish i just had a butt load of money so I could buy everything I wanted for my Monte.
[sm=gears.gif]

Old 06-29-2005, 10:51 PM

ORIGINAL: SoCalSS

04MonteLS was right. I asked for your opinions, I requested that they be given, therefore I will listen to AND not ignore all opinions on this matter.
[sm=thanx.gif]

kinda off topic, is the crease on the rear quarter panel highlighted w/red or am I seeing things?

Old 06-30-2005, 12:47 AM

ORIGINAL: CMC

Wait, wait, gotta defend the idea of flames on cars.

Come on, you telling me that you don't like the look of a flamed 32 Ford? Or what about flames on a 49 Merc lead sled? Don't ya have a single Hot Rodder nerve in your body man? Flames have been a part of the automotive culture for longer than anyone on this board has been alive. Sure it's ok to have an opinion, but sometimes opinions are wrong. Flames don't belong on cars? How could one come to such a conclusion or idea I'll never know.

Must not be a Hot Rodder I guess.
I do like flames, but only on Hot Rods and stuff. Well, actually, on that show Overhaulin', they did a full size chevy truck for this girl and they had a dude come in and he did some realistic 3-D flames. Well, it was more like fire rather than flames, but it was sweet! So all in all, I feel flames can be cool on cars, but personally I only like them on Hot Rods, or those sweet realistic flames/fire. However, SoCalSS's flames are unique and tastefully done so I'll make an exception.

Old 06-30-2005, 12:50 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

to me plain white on the monte is like having a plain bill borad with nothign on it it is just there.
Ouch!

I have something up my sleeve there buddy, it's gonna be a nice touch, and will set my Monte apart from the rest of the crowd.

Old 06-30-2005, 03:27 AM
Photobucket

04, sorry about that plain white comment, but i'd love to see what you've got planned. I always like seeing new or different things on a Monte.

kinda off topic, is the crease on the rear quarter panel highlighted w/red or am I seeing things?
You aren't seeing things, yes it is, and I don't know if you can see it from any of the pictures, but there is also a tribal design on the spoiler.

Old 06-30-2005, 03:54 AM
CMC
10 Year Member

Aight, we cool then, lol.

And on Overhaulin, can't remember the guys name, but he's the one that basically came up with the flames that look like fire and he also has a name for them "True Fire."

Old 06-30-2005, 04:42 AM

ORIGINAL: SoCalSS

04, sorry about that plain white comment, but i'd love to see what you've got planned. I always like seeing new or different things on a Monte.

You aren't seeing things, yes it is, and I don't know if you can see it from any of the pictures, but there is also a tribal design on the spoiler.
it's all good mang, just speaking the truth. I wish I could do what I wanna do right now but I gotta wait it out. Nah, I didn't know there was a tribal design on the spoiler, that's pretty tight man.

Quick Reply: Flames....Good or Bad?