General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: A poll
They Rock
60.00%
They are OK
26.67%
They Suck
13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Flames....Good or Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 02:09 AM
Photobucket
Default RE: Flames....Good or Bad?

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

damn, that's wrong, ya'll callin' out names. Not that I care cause if I thought they sucked I'd say as much, no worries.
Hey, at least your honest.

Old 06-13-2005, 02:11 AM

ORIGINAL: SoCalSS

Hey, at least your honest.
Yep, ask big green dog

Old 06-29-2005, 05:05 AM

i wouldn't buy it on a used car lot

Old 06-29-2005, 06:18 AM
CMC
10 Year Member

Those are very nice flames, and they look great on the car, I'd love to see many more pictures of the flames and the car itself. An awesome free flowing tribal design, which I'm wondering if the pattern was transferred to the other side to match.

And hey, I know flames pretty damn well, since I designed many patterns for others' cars a few years back. It doesn't hurt that I can also airbrush and pinstripe, real pinstripping at that.

Don't listen to a single person that doesn't like them. And hey, all that really matters is that you like them, but it just so happens they are wicked cool, lol.

I'd have flames on one of my cars if it wasn't for the fact that they'd cause me to drive too aggressively. I mean come one, flames=badass, so that means driving it like ya stole ya and just did a bank robbery.

Old 06-29-2005, 07:11 AM

so daose that mean ghost flames mean you only have to drive like that in the day light? at night they are tuffer to see so you mioght not get seen with them LOL

i like his flames on there. Mine are not tribeal but more like what came out on the gordon car but hey had to do somethign and you were to expensive to fly over here to paint them for me LOL
actually i have found three folks now that ca do it now that i dont need it done anymore LOL

Old 06-29-2005, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: CMC

Don't listen to a single person that doesn't like them. And hey, all that really matters is that you like them, but it just so happens they are wicked cool, lol.
Our opinion was asked for and given and I happen to be one of the people who don't like the concept of putting flames on cars. However, I do think his flames look nice and gave props, it's just not my style. My point? Your suggestion of ignoring the opinion of those of us who don't like the flames is faulty on two levels. #1, he's already got them done, and #2, we didn't offer our opinion, it was asked for.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:08 PM

ORIGINAL: CMC

Our opinion was asked for and given and I happen to be one of the people who don't like the concept of putting flames on cars. However, I do think his flames look nice and gave props, it's just not my style. My point? Your suggestion of ignoring the opinion of those of us who don't like the flames is faulty on two levels. #1, he's already got them done, and #2, we didn't offer our opinion, it was asked for.
comment=****-retentive

I'll play..........

To ignore someone and not listen to them are two further from the same.

If I were to ignore you, I would simply block out any sound or writting in this case from my eyes and ears. To listen or not to in this case means to hear/see something with thoughtful attention or to give consideration to or absorb what is being said or written.

Ignore:

Main Entry: igĀ·nore
Pronunciation: ig-'nOr, -'nor
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): igĀ·nored; igĀ·norĀ·ing
Etymology: obsolete ignore to be ignorant of, from French ignorer, from Latin ignorare, from ignarus ignorant, unknown, from in- + gnoscere, noscere to know -- more at KNOW
1 : to refuse to take notice of
2 : to reject (a bill of indictment) as ungrounded
synonym see NEGLECT
- igĀ·norĀ·able /-'nOr-&-b&l, -'nor-/ adjective
- igĀ·norĀ·er noun

Listen:

Main Entry: 1lisĀ·ten
Pronunciation: 'li-s&n
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): lisĀ·tened; lisĀ·tenĀ·ing /'lis-ni[ng], 'li-s&n-i[ng]/
Etymology: Middle English listnen, from Old English hlysnan; akin to Sanskrit srosati he hears, Old English hlud loud
transitive senses, archaic : to give ear to : HEAR
intransitive senses
1 : to pay attention to sound <listen to music>
2 : to hear something with thoughtful attention : give consideration <listen to a plea>
3 : to be alert to catch an expected sound <listen for his step>
- lisĀ·tenĀ·er /'lis-n&r, 'li-s&n-&r/ noun

I'll bet one or more of these apply to you??

* you eat the M&Ms in color order.
* you fold your dirty clothes before putting them in the hamper.
o you have to have all boxes in the kitchen facing the same way and in order by size.
o you have all your canned goods organized by type, flavor, and use.
o and they're all facing the front.
o all you books, CDs, and movies have to be alphabetical order.
* you require no less than 200 threads per inch on your sheets.
* ...and they are tucked so tightly that you really could bounce a quarter on them.
* you alphabetize your spices.
* you actually bother trying to convince someone that the 3rd millenium hasn't begun yet (or that it *has* begun).
* you organize your closet by color, season, and fabric.
* you flame every person who sent you email because the emails weren't spelled correctly or gramatically correct.
* you remove the tires to wash inside the wheel-wells of your vehicle.
* you collect the little postcards in magazine issues...
* ...for recycling.
* every e-mail reply that you send has been through a grammar checker...
* ...and you correct the original message.
* you're on a "calorie-counting" diet and you count the calories in the hot sauce on your "Big Beef Burrito Supreme"

Now, before you lash out with a nasty reply, remember one thing........

I'll bet you thought I was going somewhere with this didn't you??

TVW

Old 06-29-2005, 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

[sm=icon_blah.gif]
smh

you must have some time to kill at work.

seeing as how ignoring is the polar opposite of listening, when the statement is made to "not listen to", it's the same as saying "ignore". The act of ignoring means to refuse to take notice of, and if you are refusing to take notice of my writings here then you are not hearing/seeing with thoughtful attention and if you are not hearing/seeing with thoughtful attention then you are not listening. Me 1, you 0

After reading your list of things in an attempt to confirm my "****-retentiveness", I am relieved to be able to say that not one of the listed applies to me.[sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Carry on

Old 06-29-2005, 04:30 PM

[sm=icon_blah.gif]
smh

you must have some time to kill at work.

seeing as how ignoring is the polar opposite of listening, when the statement is made to "not listen to", it's the same as saying "ignore". The act of ignoring means to refuse to take notice of, and if you are refusing to take notice of my writings here then you are not hearing/seeing with thoughtful attention and if you are not hearing/seeing with thoughtful attention then you are not listening. Me 1, you 0

After reading your list of things in an attempt to confirm my "****-retentiveness", I am relieved to be able to say that not one of the listed applies to me.[sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Carry on

LOL...... What makes you think I am working today? That was not a very intelligent assumption on your part, although yes I do have a job and I could be at work there is still a good chance I might not.

You've made my point for me already.

seeing as how ignoring is the polar opposite of listening
But I will continue till this class is over and you've been learned...

You noted:

Your suggestion of ignoring the opinion of those of us who don't like the flames is faulty on two levels. #1, he's already got them done, and #2, we didn't offer our opinion, it was asked for.
CMC Noted:

He made the suggestion not to listen to those opinions that were not those of the owner of said flames. At no point and or time did he note to ignore the opinions of said rogue poster.

let me post the def of listen for you one more time:

Main Entry: 1lisĀ·ten
Pronunciation: 'li-s&n
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): lisĀ·tened; lisĀ·tenĀ·ing /'lis-ni[ng], 'li-s&n-i[ng]/
Etymology: Middle English listnen, from Old English hlysnan; akin to Sanskrit srosati he hears, Old English hlud loud
transitive senses, archaic : to give ear to : HEAR
intransitive senses
1 : to pay attention to sound <listen to music>
2 : to hear something with thoughtful attention : give consideration <listen to a plea>
3 : to be alert to catch an expected sound <listen for his step>
- lisĀ·tenĀ·er /'lis-n&r, 'li-s&n-&r/ noun

Don't take my word for it, all you have to do is pull that dusty book off your shelf called a dictionary to understand the differences of the two.

TVW

Old 06-29-2005, 05:04 PM

LOL...... What makes you think I am working today? That was not a very intelligent assumption on your part, although yes I do have a job and I could be at work there is still a good chance I might not.
Actually, considering that most people work the day shift mon-fri it was the most intelligent assumption.

He made the suggestion not to listen to those opinions that were not those of the owner of said flames. At no point and or time did he note to ignore the opinions of said rogue poster.
if you aren't listening, then you aren't paying attention to what's being said, and if you aren't paying attention then you aren't taking notice of what's being said. And if you aren't taking notice, then you are ignoring what's being said.

Quick Reply: Flames....Good or Bad?