General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Fixed the range of my remote....

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Default RE: Fixed the range of my remote....

Yeah, mine is still jacked. It's not an obvious flaw, but it still bothers me. I am told that "the dash expert is not going to be in today" by the stealership. What kind of crap is that? Getting the big run around. I pursue it whenever I have the time for a wild goose chase.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:39 PM
dcd

Lurking here for a while, but this is my first post as I just picked up an 07

I am planning to attempt this tonight. The keyless range is absolutely horrible. If you stand 1 foot away from the car you still have to be facing directly at the sensor to hit it.

Can anyone give me any advice as to how to remove my drivers side a-pillar without damaging the clips? I have read many people saying that a clip near the top of the windshield breaks easily. Do you simply pull out on the a-pillar to remove it? Is there some kind of trick?

Thanks for any advice and for a great site !!

Old 08-12-2008, 05:22 PM

im doing this by memory as i no longer have my monte to look at.
but you take the one above your head at the door out first. thsi will take out the whole thing to the dash. to get it out you need to take out the fuse panel door. and i cnat remeber if there is a screw there or not. But if you take it out from the bottom carefully it will come out pretty easily. putting it in is worse then taking it out becuse you have to get everything lined back up the best you can before the clips will go back in to place.
Also you will need a phillips or torx screw driver (cant remeber what it is) IF you have the D.I.C. right next the the glass int eh back of it is one screw to take it down and it will get out of your way.
But i have to ask what you plan to do i had the same issue with mine but not that bad. But it deffently had shortend over time from when it was new and the bat. was not the issue

Old 08-12-2008, 06:08 PM
dcd

Hey thanks for the quick response!

I am not sure what fuse panel door you are referring to (but you said you were going from memory..)
I have one fusebox in the passenger floor and one in the engine compartment.
My DIC is in the instrument panel, in the spedometer circle right underneath it.
There does not seem to be anything in the way of the actual pillar molding. I will go take a picture in a minute.

All I plan to do is attempt to self-repair my keyless/remote start range. I have not had any TPMS system warnings so maybe that ground is not even my problem.
I did just have the dealer test my remote and they said it is sending out 9 out of 9 in strength.

As I expected, the dealer also gave me the run around about the ground wire problem. He said he has never had to replace the plastic christmas tree ground on any monte carlo or impala, in fact he said he has never had to get into the a-pillar to fix the problem. They wouldnt look at the problem until I pay $26 to have them reprogram the remote to the car, which sounded ridiculous to me.

Thanks again for the help. I will go take pictures of my a-pillar..

Old 08-13-2008, 01:50 PM

I have an 06 SS with the same range problem. I took it in to get the tire pressure monitor fixed and they fixed it but also gave me new remotes. They said there was a problem with the remotes on 06 Monte's and Impalas. They replaced the sensor in the car and the remotes. As I was driving home from the dealership, my other tire pressure monitor went out!

Old 01-03-2017, 08:47 PM

I am going to check about the ground wire in my car tomorrow or the next day i will keep everyone posted

Old 04-08-2018, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by bwill314
I have an 06 SS with the same range problem. I took it in to get the tire pressure monitor fixed and they fixed it but also gave me new remotes. They said there was a problem with the remotes on 06 Monte's and Impalas. They replaced the sensor in the car and the remotes. As I was driving home from the dealership, my other tire pressure monitor went out!
Was there a charge???