Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

More Range Factory Key Fob?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Default More Range Factory Key Fob?

Hello,

Is there a way to increase the Range of the key fob on my 2006 Monte Carlo.?

I already know about the head trick.. I also know about the recall but that is not my issue.. I have searched ad read the existing threads that I found on here..

I can get it to work from maybe 100, 200ft away with fresh batteries..

Does someone make an aftermarket fob that has a betterRF amplifier for factory systems?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 02-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Default RE: More Range Factory Key Fob?

[align=center]Hi `Jeff,[/align][align=center]Wow, `if you head doesn't work to increase your[/align][align=center]remote distance, then you need to get a bigger `head : )[/align][align=center]Just start acting like you know it all : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I know it's all about range & antenna + best battery power.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Maybe this may help you, & maybe not.[/align][align=center]It's a interesting read ~ Knowledge is Power ~[/align][align=center]I keep Search'in for Knowledge to get the Power : )[/align][align=center]I'm still Search'in `Space[/align][align=center]Good Luck[/align][align=center][font="times new roman"][:-]
Path Loss in Remote Keyless Entry Systems
[:-]Oh WoW [:-]R U Serious [/align]
[align=center]Abstract: In a remote keyless entry (RKE) system, a car is unlocked from a distance by a radio code sent from a key fob to a receiver in the car. RKE systems usually operate at frequencies in the unlicensed ISM band that includes 315MHz and 433.92MHz. With the advent of remote starting features and two-way RKE with verification, designers want to increase the usable range of these short-range devices. Replacing SAW resonator transmitters with high-frequency, tolerance phase-locked-loop transmitters allows receivers with narrower bandwidth to be used. RFIC receivers take advantage of these narrower bandwidths to improve sensitivity, which in turn increases the usable range. Once the transmitted power and the receiver sensitivity are established, the path loss of the signal from transmitter to receiver is the main determination of usable range. This application note describes how path loss is affected by the ground bounce of the radio signal and gives a simplified approximate equation for path loss. Graphs predict path loss as a function of distance in an empty parking lot. Finally, the note offers guidelines for predicting the effects of multipath signals and blockage. [/align][align=center]
[/align]
Introduction
[:-]
[center]In a Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) system, the driver of a car unlocks the car by transmitting a coded radio signal over the air from the key fob to a receiver in the car. The receiver decodes the signal and controls an actuator that opens the door.

An important performance benchmark of an RKE system is its useful range. This range is determined by a Link Budget calculation, of which the most crucial factors are the power transmitted from the key fob, the sensitivity of the receiver, and the path loss. Transmitted power can be improved by matching the small antenna in the key fob carefully. Sensitivity can be improved by using phase-locked-loop transmitters such as the
MAX1479 with phase-locked-loop RFIC receivers like the MAX1471[size=4][b]. This application note focuses only on path loss. It shows how the path loss depends on the distance between the transmitter and the receiver, the frequency of the radio transmission, and the height of the transmitter relative to the recei

Old 02-26-2008, 03:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Another gem from the Space Library.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:43 PM

LOL GP `Dave : )
Empty `Space : )

Old 02-27-2008, 10:52 PM

The head trick works, but just not that great....

The was an interesting read...

Thanks