General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Factory Remote Start Problem 07SS - FIXED

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Default Factory Remote Start Problem 07SS - FIXED

I just bought my SS about 3 wheeks ago new. If I use the remote start after running the car ans turning off then a few hours (up to atleast 6 hours) of sitting it will not work correctly. From what I have figured out, the engine heat from the outside temp sensor gives the sensor a false read. with the remote start it can either turn the heat or AC on depending on what the temp is outside. so it turns the AC on thinking it is warm outside. For instance say it is 40 degrees out, well after it sits it may read as high as 68 degrees outside, therefore turning the AC on with a remote start. After I start driving down the road it drops rappidly to the corrrect temperature. I need to schedule an appointment to get it looked at. I was told that GM "freezes" the temp for about 2 hours to keep this from happening, but to me it seems like it needs to be held longer. Has anyone else has this problem?

Old 12-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Default RE: Factory Remote Start Problem 07SS

Anything the sensor read of 40 or higher activates the AC. Anything 35 or below the heater. Not malfunction it's the way it was setup from factory.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:51 AM

Ok, maybe I wasn't clear on what it is doing. Today it was 51 outside, drove the car and brought it home and got back in it after 6 hours, started the car and it said it was 77 outside, if I would of used the remote start, it would of turned the ac on. One day it was 33 outside when I drove it and then parked it for about 4 hours and then when I used the remote start and then got in it was blowing cold air and the Drive Information center said it was 65 outside. It seems to me it is reading the temperature from the radiating heat from the radiator/motor.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:38 AM

That is perfectly normal as the sensor, if you look, is mounted right next to the AC condenser/radiator in front of car.

Old 12-15-2006, 05:38 AM

i havent had that problem on my monte, and if it does its only like ten degree differance not anymore than that

Old 12-20-2006, 07:11 PM

If the ambient temperature reading is at or below 38°F on the Driver Information Center (DIC), the HVAC system will go into defrost mode, the temperature will be full hot, and the blower will go to high speed.
If the ambient temperature reading is above 38°F on the DIC, the HVAC system will go into vent mode, the temperature will be full cold, and the blower will go to approximately 50%.

This text is straight from gm service info for the 06 monte. however stupid the design it is normal

Old 12-23-2006, 10:28 AM

According to the book
46 deg below will turn on the deforster (both front and rear)
47-75 deg inside vents (with no a/c) will turn on
75 deg and above the a/c will come on

So far mine has done pretty good. Only problem that I am having is the distance that the remotes are working
used to be able to work it about 200 ft away, now i have to get almost on top of the car with 10 ft. And no the batteries are not bad. The car is coming up on its first oil change so I will get them to look at it then and let everyone know what they found

Old 12-23-2006, 11:20 AM

The air blows out from the defroster vent under the winshield, and that function always uses the a/c compresor no matter what tempature it is outside. And also it will blow from that vent even if you turn the setting to the floor position, it will still blow from the top. If you keep the thermostat on the highest settings when the engine gets enough heat in it , it will blow warm air, and on lowset setting it will be cool air.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-23-2006, 11:20 AM

Mrrench
does yours turn on the rear defrost when cold out? I haven't seen mine do this.

Old 12-28-2006, 04:46 AM

Sorry Cain45
I have not been able to give you an answer on the rear window deforster until this evening.
Yes my 06 does turn on the rear window deforster when I use the remote start. It will not light the switch up. But it does come on. I sat outside the car this evening and watched it.
I do know according to the 06 spec sheet that it states that. I looked at the 07 spec sheets and it does not claim the rear window deforster works. Matter a fact all the settings for 07 is different then 06's.
I copied this from the spec sheet of the 07 LT and SS
Here's how the system works during a remote start situation:
[ul][*]If it’s above 90° outside: the air conditioning blower turns on full cold mode.[*]If it’s below 37° outside: warm air is directed to the windshield to start defrosting it and the heater turns to full hot mode.[*]If it’s between 37° and 90° outside: Monte Carlo uses different settings to bring the cabin temperature to a comfortable zone. [/ul]
The change from 06 to 07 is the
06 it is the following
if its above 75 deg outside: the air conditioning blower turns on full code mode
if its below 46 deg outside: warm air directed to the windshield to start defrosting it and the heater turns to full, and the rear window defroster turns on
If its between 47 deg and 75 deg out. Monte Carlo uses different settings to bring the cabin temperature to a comfortable zone

Quick Reply: Factory Remote Start Problem 07SS - FIXED