General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): First Registered Car Show!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default First Registered Car Show!

Yesterday, was my first registered car show that I've been wanting for the longest time. Ever since I got my car back in 2008 and first modded it, I've always wanted to be in a registered car show as that was my goal, whether I win something or not. Last week I saw the banner for it coming home from work and so I looked into it. My goal finally came and I was ecstatic to be in it! I've been in the Lemont Classic Car Club cruise nights, but my goal was still out there. I was so happy, and even the rain let up and sun was shining through and it ended being a gorgeous day as I was prepping for show!! I can now cross that off my list. To even top the cake, my buddy and I got interviewed for a newpaper, and we also went to our usual cruise night show afterwards!

I love my car, and I'm extremely proud of what I've done to it and where it is now, to how it first looked back when I first got it. All the modifications, all the blood, sweat, and pain from working on it, and an emotional roller coaster from just having a little fun with others and speed . I think of my car as unique, not only from what I've done to it, but because my car would basically be the only Monte Carlo of any generation, if not a few (Out of the shows I've been at, I've only seen ONE; a late 70's Mc that came and disappeared, it was at yesterday's show) that would be at a show, going up against the usuals (Nova's, Chevelle's, crap loads of vette's, camaro's, mustang's, and the hand full of custom cars and draggers) If you ask me, being different and unique is a damn good thing. Especially when you modify and "show" a car that barely anyone mods (6th gen monte), thinks of being at a show, and looking at more than just grandma's grocery getter.

Sorry, I dont mean to bore but I want this to hopefully be an inspiration to someone that thinks that their car can't be in a show, look amazing,be in a cruise night, or up to par with cars that are bought and put in. Don't be afraid to be different, to do something unusual (such as build and work on a 6th gen monte and put it in shows lol ) that no one expects, and be proud of what you have, what you drive, and what your doing or about to do.

Life's to short to follow, it's longer when you lead.

Then:

Name:  IMG_3289.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  65.6 KB

Name:  IMAG0009.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  91.3 KB

Name:  MC.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  26.2 KB

Now:

Name:  Monte.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  28.4 KB

Name:  V__647C.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  75.2 KB

Name:  WP_20130612_004.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  126.5 KB

Name:  WP_20130616_005.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  92.7 KB

Name:  WP_20130616_003.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  101.2 KB

Name:  WP_20130613_013.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  91.5 KB

Name:  WP_20130614_002.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  118.3 KB

Name:  WP_20130615_003.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  96.5 KB

Name:  WP_20130615_004.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  100.4 KB

Name:  FirstRegisteredCarShow.png
Views: 67
Size:  168.4 KB

I still have the plaques and cards for the shows

Thanks everyone for any and all advice, suggestions, feedback, comments, tips, and criticism! I REALLY appreciate it.

I can officially say, my car was built, not bought!

112,680 miles, 13 years old, still drivin strong, and still shining!

Old 06-16-2013, 08:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

nice pics. I like the orang-ish accents under the hood! It's just my opinion, but the blue heater pipe should match the orange color....

COngrats on the show!!

Old 06-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

you couldnt of said that any better! this is exactly why i have built turbo monte and now show it as much as possible. i dont go to shows for the prize i could care less if i win or not, i go to show off my passion of what i have created. i dont care if you like it or not i do and that is all that matters, if you dont like it simply move on to the next car and if you do like it thats awesome to lol.

nice monte you got there! keep showing her off, there getting more and more scarce as time goes by.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
nice pics. I like the orang-ish accents under the hood! It's just my opinion, but the blue heater pipe should match the orange color....

COngrats on the show!!
I understand what your saying man, no problem! I actually got that heater tube in blue, I didn't like the few other colors they had lol. I feel the copper/orange gives it a more unique approach! "Woah, that's a weird color, looks pretty cool, I better go check it out" ...i feel like it might get more people over to look

Originally Posted by turbo monte
you couldnt of said that any better! this is exactly why i have built turbo monte and now show it as much as possible. i dont go to shows for the prize i could care less if i win or not, i go to show off my passion of what i have created. i dont care if you like it or not i do and that is all that matters, if you dont like it simply move on to the next car and if you do like it thats awesome to lol.

nice monte you got there! keep showing her off, there getting more and more scarce as time goes by.
We think alike!! I dont care if I win anything either man! I go for mine as well lol that's why I do what i do! Thanks man, yours is pretty awesome you got to! I plan on keeping this girl for along time

Old 06-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Your Monte is looking good..
But that blue tube under the hood has to go..

Name:  WP_20130612_004.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  126.5 KB

Old 06-16-2013, 09:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
i dont go to shows for the prize i could care less if i win or not, i go to show off my passion of what i have created.
That's how I feel. No matter how nice a car you think you have, in the eyes of a judge, there is probably someone better. And you can't compare a driven car to a garage queen. In my eyes, two different classes.

When you go to a show, it should be to have fun, show off your car. Winning a prize is nice, but not winning one should NOT ruin your day. I like to show my car for the simple sake of showing it.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by zjerry
Your Monte is looking good..
But that blue tube under the hood has to go..

Lol I respect your opinion, but that blue tube is the modified heater tube from Milzy, and I didn't like any other they had, plus I like the way it looks, makes it unique

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
When you go to a show, it should be to have fun, show off your car. Winning a prize is nice, but not winning one should NOT ruin your day. I like to show my car for the simple sake of showing it.
That's exactly my thought

Old 06-17-2013, 06:18 PM

Looks good! What material did you use for the tubing on your feder well intake?

Old 06-18-2013, 05:38 PM

Thanks! I used the intake tubing parts from autozone/pepboys. Took me a while to get all the parts and figure out the angles and such. They're chrome, but I painted it lol

Old 06-18-2013, 07:58 PM

mine hit its first car show at almost 170k mi this spring i know how you feel

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): First Registered Car Show!