General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Finally some pictures.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

My Stratus R/T coupe sounded great without a muffler. I can only imagine how nice it will sound on the Monte with the larger 3.8L V6 compared to my 3.0L.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by red03ssmonte
Hmm its future recruiting for nascar drivers kind of like a draft for people with the most speeding tickets haha my mind wandered off way to far on that one but wouldnt that be sweet haha Ive always like electric cut outs for the simple fact one minute u can be nice and quiet and the next your scaring everyone around you lol

Thanks I love the way the black look with the silver I think Ive always been more a fan of black. ive only seen one other like mine around town. Kind of funny story though, I was at red lobster and I finally found the other one like mine so I parked right next to it lol well Im sittin inside and I had just mentioned to my gf that I thought our waitress was pretty (we have a very open relationship, its ok to look haha) but anyways later on when we were about to leave I have remote start so I started it up from my table. Then I hear a waiter walk up to my waitress and tell her he thinks someone is stealin her car cause its running lol. She runs to the window realizing it wasnt hers but it made me laugh hysterically lol had her worried for a minute. But you could easily tell the difference mine is clean and shiny, hers wasnt haha.

Which exhaust setup are you considering?
Man how i wish you were right. I'd LOVE to drive NAscar or any circuit stock car racing really..nothing open wheeled. The one thing with cutouts that I've heard is if you leave em open all the time it's bad for your engine. I had considered putting one on my truck with the 305 V8. Hahaha thats an awesome story..I can only imagine what they were thinking. I figured yours was the cleaner one. I've seen a couple blue and silver that look amazing as well, but not all of them do.

For the exhaust..I'm honestly not sure. My brother has a 01 camaro RS so its the same engine and all and he has Flowmaster's on it. I wanna say 40 series which is whats on my truck. It sounds pretty good untill you get to the high RPM's. I want to include a cam to help it sound better...something similar to....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByJt-...e=channel_page

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKKzW...e=channel_page

or this one..ignore the turbo noise lol but when he shows the exhaust with the dual magnaflows..something like that. He has the cut out open almost the whole time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9pxj...e=channel_page

Its hard to figure it out. The U bend delete is a must and a larger diameter pipe most likely, not sure if i want to leave the resonator or not.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
My Stratus R/T coupe sounded great without a muffler. I can only imagine how nice it will sound on the Monte with the larger 3.8L V6 compared to my 3.0L.
I'll be sure to let you know.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:38 PM

looks good dood i like your grill

Old 03-26-2009, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member

thanks! same to you...i really love the last gen monte carlo's. So much cleaner and simpler looking in the front. Not to cheap plasticly looking like my gen can get.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:29 PM

But isnt the exhaust on a fbody camaro way differnt they couldnt fit 2 mufflers had to ahve the 1 in 2 out style...idk if that would make a sound difference or anything just saying it might someone correct me if im wrong or explain why that would be the case lol? I know i plan to do the ubend delete and get rid of the resonator why the hell not lol it will make it louder. People say it makes cabin noise louder but I like that I normally dont here it anyways subs always banging. But I enjoy driving around to the sound of engine

Blue and silver does look great as well I think Ive liked every color with the silver ground effects though it all looks so nice

Old 03-27-2009, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member

the exhaust may be different i havent been under my brothers RS to check but even if it is, the engine is the same, so the tone would be similar if you were doing a custom exhaust, i dont see why you couldnt get it to resemble that of the camaro. The resonator, I'm not sure what all it does. I do want it louder, but i also want it to have some tone to it, not just a loud blob of noise. And i agree, i love hearing my engine when i drive. It's weird for me not being able to hear it in this car and took awhile to get used to. My first and only car up til now was my truck and i drove it by listening to the engine and that only.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:51 AM

Good stuff. I like the grill. I think you need the black headlight housings!
I think that the black lights would look cool as well. ive been debating them as well and i wish they would make some projectors cuz i would be all over those but i have yet to find some anywhere!

Old 03-27-2009, 11:53 AM

and i wouldnt be too sure of that one! idk it doesnt sound the best to me... my buddy with an 04 has the mufflers and the resonator removed and it gets to be a little obnoxious. starting it up in the morning after it has sat all night is rediculous. you can hear it for like 4 blocks i bet. other then that and when you rev it up to red line it doesnt sound too bad but i dont want mine that loud lol

Old 03-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Add a resonator back and just remove mufflers. If it doesn't cost a lot it couldn't hurt to try and perhaps it will give you the sound you're looking for. OR add a glass pack type muffler/resonator where the stock resonator should be and then delete the mufflers. That could calm it down just enough. IDK.

Quick Reply: Finally some pictures.