General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Finally some pictures.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Finally some pictures.

Quick pictures on a nice day. 2001 Monte Carlo SS.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:14 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Arrow Excellent SS 4-Sure : )

Hi `Matt,

Thanks for posting/sharing your excellent example of a
beautiful Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS.
It reflects `Pride of OwnerShip 4 - Sure.
Look 4-ward to your future posts on the MCF.
Wish you great weather and fun miles in your SS.

Attached Thumbnails Finally some pictures.-mattss.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 03-23-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Good stuff. I like the grill. I think you need the black headlight housings!

Old 03-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great looking car. I like what you did with the SLP grill (or is it the Tony Stewart grill). The silver ground effects are a perfect combo for an Earnhardt fan.

The black headlights would look good on your black car. But certainly isn't necessary IMO. With all the black on your car, the silver headlights look good as is.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the comments! I've been on this site for a few months now and love it, probably here 3 times a day.

Ah the black headlight debate. When I first bought the car this past december, the black headlight housing (not just a cover) was near the top on my things to do list.. same with the taillights. But now with the silver SLP grill on it I'm not so sure. By looking at the pictures I do think it would look good, I think I'd have to see the lights in person or do some photoshop on a picture..either way.

My things to due list includes a new Cam and Exhaust..but its on hold until I decide i want to do a top swap or not. I'm picky with how my car sounds lol it took a god 4 months before i was satisfied with my truck, and it's a V8..much easier to make it sound good lol.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You can always do like Cowboy6622 and remove the mufflers completely.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:09 AM

I wouldnt mind removing my exhaust completely sometime this summer just to **** off neighbors lol.
I love that grill, beautiful monte!! I have that same sticker only mine has Jeff Gordons signature and says 92. Did you order yours cause I dont recall ever asking or signing up for one it just came in the mail one day haha

Old 03-24-2009, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member

haha same here! I don't remember ever signing up for anything, it just showed up in the mail about 2 months ago in a "letter" from Dale Jr lol. I wonder why we got one, I don't know of anybody else who has.

The exhaust I might remove completely for a few days or a week right before i get the new pipes put in. You can always add a cut out for times when you want the open header sound. i love the red on silver of your car btw, haven't seen too many of those out and about.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:12 AM

Hmm its future recruiting for nascar drivers kind of like a draft for people with the most speeding tickets haha my mind wandered off way to far on that one but wouldnt that be sweet haha Ive always like electric cut outs for the simple fact one minute u can be nice and quiet and the next your scaring everyone around you lol

Thanks I love the way the black look with the silver I think Ive always been more a fan of black. ive only seen one other like mine around town. Kind of funny story though, I was at red lobster and I finally found the other one like mine so I parked right next to it lol well Im sittin inside and I had just mentioned to my gf that I thought our waitress was pretty (we have a very open relationship, its ok to look haha) but anyways later on when we were about to leave I have remote start so I started it up from my table. Then I hear a waiter walk up to my waitress and tell her he thinks someone is stealin her car cause its running lol. She runs to the window realizing it wasnt hers but it made me laugh hysterically lol had her worried for a minute. But you could easily tell the difference mine is clean and shiny, hers wasnt haha.

Which exhaust setup are you considering?

Quick Reply: Finally some pictures.