General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

finally got rid of the swirl marks ... there was a car under there

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by jaws2008
Did you do it by hand or with a buffer/Polisher
- the swirl remover and the ultimate compound were with an old Wen random orbital ( it works, so i cant fault it ) the rest was by hand ... i could barely pick up a water bottle after this and i still went and played racquetball that night :p

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Why did you have to do it again??Guess you're like me, even the slightst little imperfection needs to go>>>>>>>
- i think, good sir ... you answered your question ... me in the garage the last time i washed it ... "ok you mothertruckin swirl marks ... imma get you now"

Originally Posted by oh3monteSS
Damn thats a nice looking car man!! Gotta love living in illinois with all that salt that eats everything!!

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Thanks for posting/sharing with your MonteCarloFamily
you know until i got this car i never really thought of monte carlos more than any other car ... im a ford man really ... my dream car is a 2004 mercury marauder in dark pearl blue

but this one is starting to grow on me for sure ... nothing like cruising with windows down and top back ... and still being able to burn ricers

@ everyone else ... thanks ... i figure with as much as like a good looking picture ... and how much more i like a good looking picture of a damn nice car all cleaned up ... theres gotta be someone else that does as well

Old 08-27-2010, 02:58 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, I hope to see your car in person some day.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Looks great man. Very nice detail job.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:13 PM

I nominate DrJesus616 for Sept MOTM... oops, wrong thread.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Looks great! I wonder if it would work too by hand. I gotta buffer but I'm still learning & am too scared that I'll burn the paint right off the car while trying to fix it lol

Old 08-29-2010, 09:24 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

That's what an orbital buffer is for. You can't ruin your paint with one. You experiment with different coarseness of polishes and you will eventually get the results you want. If you don't know what you are doing, I'd stay away from wet sanding and using a regular buffer.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
That's what an orbital buffer is for. You can't ruin your paint with one. You experiment with different coarseness of polishes and you will eventually get the results you want. If you don't know what you are doing, I'd stay away from wet sanding and using a regular buffer.
Yeah you gotta point there. Well once I getta job (i filled out like a million apps in the past two days so hopefully I'll get one soon) I gotta long list of stuff I need to save up to get & an orbital buffer is high up on the list. I'm just afraid that with my luck even with an orbital buffer that I'll screw up the monte. I guess I'll have to use the Breeze or parts of the race car to practice on until I'm good at it lol

Old 08-30-2010, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Looks great! I wonder if it would work too by hand. I gotta buffer but I'm still learning & am too scared that I'll burn the paint right off the car while trying to fix it lol
im sure you could do it by hand ... but youre going to end up doing panels a day and then not being able to lift the phone to your ear for a week

you can find cheap orbital buffers - but believe me i know how one persons cheap with a paycheck is so not affordable without one

Old 08-30-2010, 03:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Drjesus your car looks great and i feel your pain kinda. Our second car is black and probably never waxed since it was new. It looked like a matte finish over the whole car. After multiple coats of polishing compound and wax It now has a little shine. It was just a practice run with the new buffer and I was happy with the results.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Drjesus your car looks great and i feel your pain kinda. Our second car is black and probably never waxed since it was new. It looked like a matte finish over the whole car.
thanks ... and i think this cars biggest problem was the combination of illinois summers and winters the first few years of its life ... the humidity and pollen in the summer and the salt and water in the winter

then it was in georgia for around a year and a half ... and didnt have a good coat of wax on it before being there and was never really cared for like this down there ...

after this bs with this car ... i can tell you for certain ... none of my cars ever again will be neglected ... not because i would worry about ruining the paint ... but because it really is so easy to get it almost back to showroom clean when messed up and beyond brand new if youre willing to spend the time/ money learning with some trial/ error ...

but i do have to say ... a week after this was all done ... besides a sprinkler waterspotting the hell out of the back ( which was remedied with the quick detailer ) shes looking fine ... now to see how the rain coming messes it up ...

Quick Reply: finally got rid of the swirl marks ... there was a car under there