General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

A few words from a "high up" friend at the Oshawa plant...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Default RE: A few words from a "high up" friend at the Oshawa plant...

ORIGINAL: cain45

I almost forgot about this small fact. I don't like that the EXACT same wheels used on the SS is also used on the Impala SS, Malibu SS, & Cobalt SS. It's a sad day to me when they can get away with using the same wheel on 4 different cars in their lineup. It just makes me not want one. IF I had an SS the first thing I'd do is change out the wheels. Who wants the same wheels that a Cobalt has? Not knocking the Cobalt but it is the entry level vehicle for Chevy. Just seems kinda odd to me.
I concur.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:22 PM

i like both the ss and the lt3 ltz which they all look basically the same, the 3.9 does need more power, but fwd 5.3 pushing 303 hp should run better then the 14.3 its claiming the ls1 has 305hp and they run 13.6-14.0 and only have about ten more foot pounds, basically from what i read on the ss monte "it could run better" just like the 3.9 liter it could run better too

Old 10-21-2006, 10:13 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't do much driving? I put that on in 3 or 4 days.

It might be a good thing? I got a strange letter yesterday stating my car loan had been denied.
Since I know for a fact I have good credit, beats me what this is about? Can't get ahold of "REAL" person at the dealer or the bank? Probably cause it was friday and they all went home at noon?

But I thought they checked this stuff BEFORE they let you have the car? Has it changed since my last car loan in 1986???????????????????

If I could have swung the payments there would be an SS setting out in the drive. I wanted an SS years ago but didn't want the car payments. Sure I like the LTZ. I even drove it a little today.

[8D]

Old 10-22-2006, 12:32 AM

I've seen that happen before...I used to sell cars. The finance dept. will go through several lenders to secure the loan. If one didn't take it and another one did, the rejector will send you a notice of denial. Most times you don't even realize what happened. How long have you had the car, have you made any payments yet?

Old 10-22-2006, 04:26 AM

Those that post about gas mileage shouldn't even think about an SS. Either u can aford the car and want the power or u want gas mileage. I have one and can't wait for some good upgrades. More power for an awsome looking car. Has the sport car look with some power finally getting back to the roots. Just a shame it is the end.

Old 10-22-2006, 05:10 AM

hey rj dont sweat it, bigg j is right, they do go there several lenders and if the deny you or they cant get you at the numbers you want and then you use a different lender , even if they were going to give you the loan and you werent happy about it, they always send a letter of denial, i think it makes the lenders feel better about them self's

Old 10-22-2006, 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: 2006MonteCarlo
they always send a letter of denial, i think it makes the lenders feel better about them self's
LOL! [sm=funnypostabove.gif] Yeah, that, or it's their legal obligation or something.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:58 PM

As a matter of fact it IS their legal obligation. That way in the letter they will let you know what credit reporting agency they pulled your credit from. If you want to right to that particular one you can get a copy of your report so you can see what they seen.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:21 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

As of right now, not one payment on the car. But I get a statement in the mail from a bank saying I have to make the first one in two weeks?

Confused? I am!

And I did drive the car again yesterday. I put another 10 miles on the car. I figure it may be my last time of driving it and if I do have to give it back they can't say I put 10,000 miles on the car.