Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

George W. Bush Sewage Plant : ) WoW

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:03 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default George W. Bush Sewage Plant : ) WoW

[align=center][:-]Space Post 4 Comic ReLief [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]George W. Bush Sewage Plant.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]An Honor That Bush Is Unlikely to Embrace [/align][align=center]
[ul][/ul][/align][ul][align=center][/align][/ul][align=center]
By JESSE McKINLEY
Published: June- 2008[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
SAN FRANCISCO — Reagan has his highways. Lincoln has his memorial. Washington has the capital (and a state, too). But President Bush may soon be the sole president to have a memorial named after him that you can contribute to from the bathroom. [/align][align=center] WoW, Freedom of `Speak What a Country [8D]

Blogrunner: Reactions From Around the Web[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
From the Department of Damned-With-Faint-Praise, a group going by the regal-sounding name of the Presidential Memorial Commission of San Francisco is planning to ask voters here to change the name of a prize-winning water treatment plant on the shoreline to theGeorge W. Bush Sewage Plant.
The plan, naturally hatched in a bar, would place a vote on the November ballot to provide “an appropriate honor for a truly unique president.”
Supporters say that they have plenty of signatures to qualify the initiative and that the renaming would fit in a long and proud American tradition of poking political figures in the eye.
“Most politicians tend to be narcissistic and egomaniacs,” said Brian McConnell, an organizer who regularly suits up as Uncle Sam to solicit signatures. “So it is important for satirists to help define their history rather than letting them define their own history.”
Not surprisingly, those Republicans in a city that voted 83 percent Democratic in 2004 are not thrilled with the idea. Howard Epstein, chairman of the ever-outnumbered San Francisco Republican Party, called the initiative “an abuse of process.”
“You got a bunch of guys drunk who came up with an idea,” Mr. Epstein said, “and want to put on the ballot as a big joke without regard to the city’s governance or cost.”
The renaming would take effect on Jan. 20, when the new president is sworn in. And regardless of the measure’s outcome, supporters plan to commemorate the inaugural with a synchronized flush of hundreds of thousands of San Francisco toilets, an action that would send a flood of water toward the plant, now called the Oceanside Water Pollution Control Plant.
“It’s a way of doing something physical that’s mentally freeing,” said Stacey Reineccius, 45, a software consultant and entrepreneur who supports the plan. “It’s a weird thing, but it’s true.”[/align][align=center][/align][/align][/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/709B48A5A4274D008E29A9A9C2CDB381.gif[/IMG]

Old 07-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Default RE: George W. Bush Sewage Plant : ) WoW

He has certainly earned the honor...it's the same place he's sent this country in the last 8 years!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:47 AM

Hi `Randall,
Thanks for your post/words/truth.
I always enjoy reading your post : )
[hr]
`Space, I didn`t think your post topic was funny at all.
I`ve turned over your name to VP `Dick and
the IRS for a massive audit on you.
We will find you SomeSpace.
I wish you guys would stop pick`in on me.
I`m still your President
? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Old 07-08-2008, 11:57 AM

[align=center]Hey Daddy `Bush,[/align][align=center]I'm being honored in San Francisco, they are naming[/align][align=center]a Sewage Plant after `me [/align][align=center]George W. Bush Sewage Plant[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Pres `Bill stated he didn`t inhale, I `do : )[/align][align=center]VP D i c k, gets me some good zhit : )[/align][align=center]I`ll be back, I have 2 go 2 the potty [/align][align=center][/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/5DB3E6B1F3144E68A610BB6DA841C8DD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-08-2008, 12:18 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Well. This is great!

Now the whole country is in the crapper.
[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 07-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Someone light a match, this topic stinks! LOL.

j/k j/k

What an honor. I think. Oh well, he'll still get his presidential library at the end anyway.
So he will have something he can be proud of.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:31 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

he'll have trouble raising money for a Presidential Library.. thsoe are payed for solely thru contribution, no governmetn money here (unless he changes it real quick).

i heard abotu this while i was in Florida. they ahve more than enough petitions to do it right now...

Old 07-08-2008, 05:36 PM

Okay you Bush bashers.

Just remember that your congress has a 9% approval rating, Bush has a 30%, Bush wins.

And this country has gone straight down hill since November of 2006 when the Dems took over said congress

Old 07-08-2008, 06:05 PM
rj
15 Year Member

A friend of mine from Florida has told me it's the democrats who want gasoline at $5/gal here in the states.

Looks like they're getting what they want.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:03 PM

The last 7 years since Bush was in office have been great for America. I never heard anything bad about our economy. We had record growth in jobs, low unemployment (lower than Clintons lowest at a time) and even had the stock market as high as 14K. But how easy do we forget in a year because of gas prices, everything else that has been good to us. I will never understand liberals and how they think and view things.