General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Ever Wondered What happens when You Hit a piece of Transport tire on the highway?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Ever Wondered What happens when You Hit a piece of Transport tire on the highway?

Here are a couple of quick pics of the damage done to my car last night when it was hit/I ran over a piece of transport tire on the highway

The pics don't really show the true damage done to the car as a lot of it runs down the lower ground fx, and underneath the car. Thankfully can't see anything but I know the exhaust is ruined some way, some how either the resonator is punctured or the catalytic converter is punctured as all the clamps are in place and nothing is hanging down. I have spoken with insurance and they will cover it under comprehensive so all is good that way, but my baby has now been used and abused and not in a good way.

Last edited by ohara; 10-01-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:18 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your abuse it is good that your insurance will cover it tho hope you and your car a good shop to fix your baby

Old 10-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Damage looks significant enough. Sorry to hear about that but hopefully you can get it resolved.

I actually experienced a similar incident with my Cruze (thankfully) a few weeks ago. I'm driving along in the left lane in a row behind another 3 or 4 cars and all of a sudden wood debris is exploding all over the place as the cars in front of me are making work destroying what I think was a small wood pallet. Anyway, a piece of it caught the front of the Cruze and ripped out one of the side marker lights, breaking the tab, and left a pretty good scuff mark in the paint. The light is temporarily being held in place by tape but in the long run I have to get a replacement sometime soon. This is why I refuse to drive the Monte on the highway as much as possible.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I know first hand

A few years back I was on I-80 when there were several Semi-trucks and cars on the road. I was in the Show off lane following a gal who ran over a tread that one of the trucks had just thrown. When she ran over it the thing flew up and hit the front of my SUV I was driving a Pontiac Torrent, it hit the front and the Hood and windshield. Over 6K to fix the thing and it buckled the hood under it self. Bad to hit them. You are fortunate that you didn't get hit in the front. Stay safe!

Old 10-01-2013, 09:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

I hate them road alligators!

Old 10-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Sadly I've always wondered what would happen if somebody hit one of those things. I personally think they should outlaw retread tires as obviously they damage a lot of cars. I'm glad I wasn't hurt and that anyone else wasn't hurt but man it hurts seeing my car damaged like this. I am just worried now that when it gets fixed it is not going to be like it was

Thanks for the empathy and well wishes

Old 10-01-2013, 09:46 PM

Drivernumber3 what part of i-80 I know that interstate I live fairly close to it been trying to find forum members close by lol

Old 10-02-2013, 06:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Ya we have plenty of those in the Lansing area HATE em that and deer

Old 10-02-2013, 09:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Oh no! That stinks! So many people's Montes on here are getting damaged lately. Sorry to hear but at least you are ok.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

It's been a bad year for Monte owners, that's for sure....

Quick Reply: Ever Wondered What happens when You Hit a piece of Transport tire on the highway?