General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

crashed the monte...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I went back to the accident scene today. I'm amazed I didn't roll. When it got sideways it dug in and moved a lot of dirt and after taking out 2 wooden posts it hopped into the air and landed in a corn field 10 feet below the road. Ilk upload pics of the car in a sec.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:15 PM

http://m820.photobucket.com/albums/jaydflash/Monte

Last edited by jaydflash; 09-22-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:08 AM

I'd say its not totalled from the pictures, BUT, you are looking well into the 4000-5000 in repairs my dude. its an 03 with how many miles? if high then MAYBE it is totalled or close to it like the maniac said.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:35 AM

It has almost 70k. And it has leather interior with leather power seats. Not sure if that helps but I know it affects price.
I looked it up on Kelly blue book and with all the info entered this is what It says
Blue Book® Sugg. Retail Value $10,735.00
Blue Book® Private Party Value $9,085.00

Old 09-23-2011, 02:05 AM

I am sorry that this happened to you. If the insurance company is involved they will most likely total it. It appears in the pics that the hood, the front bumper cover, the fender, the door, the mirror,the front lower control arm, and the rear lower control arm, and the rocker panel, are all damaged. I could not tell if the air bags deployed. When you add the parts that need to be replaced to the labor and refinishing it will tip the scale for total. My suggestion if you are handy and can fix it yourself is to allow the insurance company to total it and then buy it back from the insurance company. Do not allow them to brand the title unrebuildable because if they do it isn't good for anything other than parts. Good luck.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Hi Jay. Look the important thing is your OK ! They can put on a new fender or new tires. But you can't buy arms & legs yet! Glad to see your Ok. The Monte doesn't look all that bad. Sure hope you have full coverage insurance. It could be fixed in a couple of weeks. See if your insurance covers a loner car. Some times the bodyshop does also. I rolled my F150 almost two yrs ago. I'm glad you didn't do that sort of thing. I drive to work at night down dark rds & on the way home it's still not light out. I worry all the time about cows & deer running out. I've seen them standing by the rd. One night on the way in to work. A buck was standing right on the yellow line looking away from me. Holy SH** Scared the crap out of me. Anyways keeps us posted on what goes on. If you can take pictures for yourself while it being worked on. I did that when I had my hood and back bumper cover repainted. GOOD LUCK JAY...........

Old 09-23-2011, 05:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looking at the pics, it's still a lot of damage. If you can drive it, go to a couple body shops and just get estimates now. That helps you be better informed before insurance tells you what the repair cost is. PLUS a professional shop that does this work might be able to tell if you have other structural damage you don't see. That's important, because that's where the big dollars will come in.

Again, don't be surprised if insurance does come back and say it's totaled. But, if you know what needs done, you can decide at that time "buy back from insurance and fix it yourself" or "let them take it and shop for another one".

Just do your homework. Again, glad you're OK, that's more important then the car.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:36 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

It's pretty bad man. Definitely savable though. The parts on these cars (in my limited experience) are relatively cheap. I only paid $60 for a new bumper and the fenders are even cheaper. The $$$ is going to go the body man for the finishing work.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your car, but glad nobody was injured...except the cow. Does this mean you'll have a meat supply for the Winter?

Old 09-23-2011, 06:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Glad you weren't hurt. Sucks about your Monte.... how about Insurance ? you won't know for sure untill they look at it.

Last edited by Tadcaster; 09-23-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Quick Reply: crashed the monte...