General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Corvette Z06 Laguna Seca Lap

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Corvette Z06 Laguna Seca Lap

Someone posted this video to a motorcycle forum I frequent. Thought some of you Chevy motorheads might enjoy.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:50 AM

Thanks `Dave,
WoW, that vid is Super 4-Sure...I love threads like this.
I'd love to take a hot lap in a Z0`6 or better yet, own one...
Thanks 4 posting/sharing...It was sure worth the click & dream to own something that powerful someday

I also, like the one below that was on the side bar of your above link

Many of you wanted an in depth tour of my BRZ so here is a very detailed look at the car. Some specs that I didn't mention in the video that you might be interested in:

0-60: 6.4 seconds

1/4 Mile Time: 14.9 sec @ 95.5 mph.

MPG: 22 city/30 highway for the manual, 25 city/34 highway for the automatic due to taller gear ratios.
Requires 91 octane fuel, 93 recommended.
Curb Weight: 2,750 lbs

< Click 2 view (I like the FRS, cause it handles) Great short `vid if you like small cars that handle on the road or track 4 a decent price +

Before we review the FRS vs. its market competitors, the guys wondered just how similar the FRS/BRZ twins feel behind the wheel. Some back-to-back time on a racetrack proves very revealing.

More affordable 2 `me 4-Sure...I like'em , but would prefer a Z0`6

Last edited by Space; 08-16-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
I also, like the one below that was on the side bar of your above link

2013 Subaru BRZ Limited In Depth Tour, Engine Sound, Exterior and Interior - YouTube

Cool! It's long. I'm watching / listening now while I type up some notes at the office. I think I'd love this car or the Scion version (forget the model name).

Old 08-16-2012, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Sparky-88

Cool! It's long. I'm watching / listening now while I type up some notes at the office. I think I'd love this car or the Scion version (forget the model name).
^
Hi `Dave,
I didn't want to Space`Jack your Thread about the Z06 Vette, but that's a Big Dream Machine, but the vid is awesome 4-Sure...
A more realistic `dream on my budget is the Scion FRs.
I love cars that handle & this one get's decent MPG's & the cost 2 own is a lot less then a Z06 for sure !!..I can't wait to test drive one...Below is more infor on it:
2013 Scion FR-S First Test

Yeah, It's as Good as You Think

MSRP: $24,200 - $25,300 <~ Decent Price 4-Sure

MPG Range: 30 - 34 mpg <~ decent
Body Style: Coupe
By Rory Jurnecka

Click to view Gallery

We're a lot alike, you know. I'm talking about automotive journalists and enthusiast consumers. We both want cars to be excellent to drive; we both want them to live up to automakers' hype. We're both excited and terrified to drive new, highly anticipated cars for fear that they'll fall short of our expectations. And we're both ecstatic when a car -- no matter the door count, engine specs, or what badge adorns the hood -- is just as good as we want it to be. We can say, without a doubt, the 2013 Scion FR-S is a car that makes us pretty damn ecstatic.

You know the story by now: A joint project with Toyota and Subaru, the FR-S is the Scion-badged version of the rear-wheel-drive sports coupe that will also hit U.S. showrooms as the Subaru BR-Z (and in Japan, the FT86). The engine, a front-mounted flat-four, delivers 200 hp and 151 lb-ft of torque from its naturally aspirated, direct-injected 2.0 liters and is mounted low enough in the chassis to give a lower center of gravity than a Porsche Cayman, according to Scion. A six-speed manual gearbox is standard equipment (and was fitted in the car we drove), as is a Torsen limited-slip diff. McPherson struts are found up front, and a multilink setup suspends the rear of the car. Brakes are vented discs front and rear at 11.6 and 11.4 inches, respectively, and 17-inch wheels are standard. Mechanically speaking, the Subaru and Scion versions are the same, though final tweaking is done independently.

Differences in styling are also few, although the Scion's nose is unique, as is the faux vent treatment in the front fenders. (Look for the subtle "86" molded in to this section.) The interior gets traditional dials on the center stack, and the upholstery design and white-faced tachometer are also only found on the FR-S. The seats are very good, with supportive bolstering and comfy padding, and the driving position is excellent. The pedals are spaced well for rev-matching, and we found it easy to adjust for optimal reach to both steering wheel and pedals for several different body types.

But enough about the details. Many a sports car has looked perfect on paper, only to disappoint on pavement. The real test of the FR-S is how it drives. Twist the fairly ordinary-looking key and the flat-four fires up and settles into a low, thrumming idle. A couple quick jabs on the accelerator reveal that there's not too much of the classic, uneven Subaru exhaust note to be had, but that's fine with us -- this isn't a Subaru. Clutch effort is near-perfect and the take-up has good feel as we slot the shift lever into first and set off. The shifter feels solid, lacking the rubbery sensation we've come to expect from the manual transmission in, say, the WRX. The gear change is short and precise, requiring good effort but without feeling notchy, as it can feel in the STI.

Bringing the car up to speed, it's clear the engine is no powerhouse. That said, power is more than adequate, and the way the engine spins up feels smooth and quick, thanks, in part, to the "square" design, with an 86mm bore and stroke. In testing, we achieved a 6.2-second 0-to-60 mph time that puts it right in line with what we'd expected.

We pointed our FR-S towards some local Southern California back roads to see how its rear-drive chassis coped with the real-world conditions. From the first turn, the FR-S had us impressed with its quick turn-in and light, tossable feel. Steering is electric, as with so many cars today, but it's one of the best electric systems we've experienced. Effort is very much a Goldilocks middle ground between too heavy and too light, and precision is good. A famous conductor once said, "The best percussionists are the ones you don't hear." Truth is, the best steering systems are the ones you don't notice. The FR-S' steering just works, placing the car accurately and transmitting enough feel to let the driver know what's happening under-tire.

The FR-S is one of the most playful and enjoyable cars we've driven in quite a while. Throw the car into a tight 90-degree bend and after initial front-end push, the rear end will start coming around predictably and controllably. Countersteer and dial in a little throttle, and suddenly you're drift star Ken Gushi, sashaying down a stretch of switchbacks in perfect rhythm. The car stays tremendously flat in both corners and under braking, and the brakes feel more than up to the task, offering a very firm pedal that's easy to modulate, along with impressive fade resistance and stopping force.

During our testing, we recorded a 25.9-second figure-eight run at a 0.67 g average -- a full second quicker than the Fiat 500 Abarth we recently tested, a half-second quicker than the Honda Civic Si coupe, and even three-tenths of a second quicker than the Subaru BRZ.

The FR-S is about more than just performance numbers, though. The FR-S is about driving dynamics that are some of the best we've experienced, combined with an affordable price (it starts at just under $25,000) and a total package that can be used for both the weekday commute and the weekend track session. Scion nailed this one. Now, that's something to be ecstatic about.

<TABLE class=insettxt border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><STYLE type=text/css>.hdr {color:#ffffff;font:bold 12px verdana,arial,helvetica;background-color:#343434;} .hdr1 {color:#000000;font:bold 09px verdana,arial,helvetica;background-color:#aba9a9;} .hdr2 {color:#000000;font:09px verdana,arial,helvetica;background-color:#dddddd;} .hdr3 {color:#000000;font:09px verdana,arial,helvetica;background-color:#FFFFFF;}</STYLE><TBODY><TR class=hdr><TD colSpan=2 align=center>2013 Scion FR-S </TD></TR><TR class=hdr1><TD colSpan=2>POWERTRAIN/CHASSIS </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>DRIVETRAIN LAYOUT </TD><TD>Front engine, RWD </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>ENGINE TYPE </TD><TD>Flat-4, alum block/heads </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>VALVETRAIN </TD><TD>DOHC, 4 valves/cyl </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>DISPLACEMENT </TD><TD>121.9 cu in/1998cc </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>COMPRESSION RATIO </TD><TD>12.5:1 </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>POWER (SAE NET) </TD><TD>200 hp @ 7000 rpm </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>TORQUE (SAE NET) </TD><TD>151 lb-ft @ 6600 rpm </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>REDLINE </TD><TD>7450 rpm </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>WEIGHT TO POWER </TD><TD>13.7 lb/hp </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>TRANSMISSION </TD><TD>6-speed manual </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>AXLE/FINAL-DRIVE RATIO </TD><TD>4.10:1/3.14:1 </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>SUSPENSION, FRONT; REAR </TD><TD>Struts, coil springs, anti-roll bar; multi-link, coil springs, anti-roll bar </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>STEERING RATIO </TD><TD>13.0:1 </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>TURNS LOCK-TO-LOCK </TD><TD>2.5 </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>BRAKES, F;R </TD><TD>11.6-in vented disc; 11.4-in vented disc, ABS </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>WHEELS </TD><TD>7.0 x 17-in, cast aluminum </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>TIRES </TD><TD>215/45R17 87W Michelin Primacy HP </TD></TR><TR class=hdr1><TD colSpan=2>DIMENSIONS </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>WHEELBASE </TD><TD>101.2 in </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>TRACK, F/R </TD><TD>59.8/60.6 in </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>LENGTH x WIDTH x HEIGHT </TD><TD>166.7 x 69.9 x 51.2 in </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>TURNING CIRCLE </TD><TD>35.4 ft </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>CURB WEIGHT </TD><TD>2737 lb </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>WEIGHT DIST., F/R </TD><TD>55/45 % </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>SEATING CAPACITY </TD><TD>4 </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>HEADROOM, F/R </TD><TD>37.1/35.0 in </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>LEGROOM, F/R </TD><TD>41.9/29.9 in </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>SHOULDER ROOM, F/R </TD><TD>53.1/45.3 in </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>CARGO VOLUME </TD><TD>6.9 cu ft </TD></TR><TR class=hdr1><TD colSpan=2>TEST DATA </TD><TR class=hdr2><TD colSpan=2>ACCELERATION TO MPH </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>0-30 </TD><TD>2.2 sec </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>0-40 </TD><TD>3.2 </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>0-50 </TD><TD>4.6 </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>0-60 </TD><TD>6.2 </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>0-70 </TD><TD>8.2 </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>0-80 </TD><TD>10.4 </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>0-90 </TD><TD>13.5 </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>0-100 </TD><TD>16.8 </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>PASSING, 45-65 MPH </TD><TD>3.3 </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>QUARTER MILE </TD><TD>14.8 sec @ 94.3 mph </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>BRAKING, 60-0 MPH </TD><TD>118 ft </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>LATERAL ACCELERATION </TD><TD>0.93 g (avg) </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>MT FIGURE EIGHT </TD><TD>25.9 sec @ 0.67 g (avg) </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>1.8-MI ROAD COURSE LAP</TD><TD>91.15 sec </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>TOP-GEAR REVS @ 60 MPH </TD><TD>2650 rpm </TD></TR><TR class=hdr1><TD colSpan=2>CONSUMER INFO </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>BASE PRICE </TD><TD>$24,930 </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>PRICE AS TESTED </TD><TD>$24,930 </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>STABILITY/TRACTION CONTROL </TD><TD>Yes/Yes </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>AIRBAGS </TD><TD>Dual front, front side, f/r curtain, driver knee </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>BASIC WARRANTY </TD><TD>3 yrs/36,000 miles </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>POWERTRAIN WARRANTY </TD><TD>5 yrs/60,000 miles </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE </TD><TD>2 yrs/Unlimited miles </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>FUEL CAPACITY </TD><TD>13.2 gal </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>EPA CITY/HWY ECON </TD><TD>22/30 mpg </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>ENERGY CONS., CITY/HWY </TD><TD>153/112 kW-hrs/100 miles </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>CO2 EMISSIONS </TD><TD>0.78 lb/mile </TD></TR><TR class=hdr3><TD>MT FUEL ECONOMY </TD><TD>24.3 mpg </TD></TR><TR class=hdr2><TD>RECOMMENDED FUEL </TD><TD>Unleaded premium </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>