General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Clips (as promised) of my exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 04:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Intimidator **UPDATE**

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

Thanks for the link, but I have a Ram 3500 with a 5.9L that has a Flowmaster on it.
So would it be safe to assume that you believe your 6cyl MC with Flows sounds the same as your truck? Or are you just saying that it sounds like a V8 to those who don't know any better?

If it's the former, then we'll just agree to disagree since we're all entitled to our own opinions. If it's the latter, I rest my case.

Latter of course.

It does sound better than a G35 or new G37 which is one of thebetter sounding 6 cylinder cars off the show room floor.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:25 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

Thanks for the link, but I have a Ram 3500 with a 5.9L that has a Flowmaster on it.
So would it be safe to assume that you believe your 6cyl MC with Flows sounds the same as your truck? Or are you just saying that it sounds like a V8 to those who don't know any better?

If it's the former, then we'll just agree to disagree since we're all entitled to our own opinions. If it's the latter, I rest my case.

Latter of course.

It does sound better than a G35 or new G37 which is one of thebetter sounding 6 cylinder cars off the show room floor.
Oh man, I love how those G35's sound when you get on it. But after listening to your clip I think I have to agree with you, kind of. At idle, you win hands down. I even like how yours sounds at idle more than I like my own and I can't stand Flows on 6's. But under acceleration I think I'd still go with the G35, that sporty sound is just mezmerising to me. Flows on 6's is just a pet peeve of mine, I see it as putting a SS badge on an LS, or putting a VTEC badge on a non-VTEC Honda, it's just wrong. But of all the one's i've heard, yours does sound the best at idle, under acceleration you lose me.

That being said, I listened to a clip of my exhaust when I first got it installed and was shocked at how horrible it sounded under acceleration, at idle it was fine. I'm gonna go record another clip to see if it's any deeper now that it's well broken in.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

The Flowmasters are now much deeper and throatier after being broke in.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:35 PM

The Flowmasters are now much deeper and throatier after being broke in.
can we get an updated clip?

Old 04-14-2008, 08:19 PM

Here's my updated vid clips

Old 04-15-2008, 03:28 AM

it's been a couple days since i've checked my threads but it seems to me that this one has gotten away from me a little bit...

i like what 04LS said where one should just agree to disagree... the one thing i found when i was looking around (youtube and MCF) investigating what route to take on my exhaust is that no two people are going to agree on any given sound. the important thing is that the owner is happy with how their car sounds (which is kind of ironic because they never get to hear their car drive-by them)

i am happy with what i got for the money. i am shocked at how my drive-by sounded... hearing it from the driver's seat is much different (supercharger/CAI whine...) and i can't wait for it to get broken in and sound just a tad deeper/throatier (only drive 5,000 +- miles a year, though)

what i am getting at is, please, stop the arguing... i started this thread (not to be selfish)as a place for comments on MY new exhaust and it quickly became a Bu77$h1v match about who can hear what when...

kindly, comments and comparable video/audio links only? please and thank you!

Old 04-20-2008, 10:41 AM

**bump**

i haven't heard any feedback lately...

Old 11-17-2008, 04:54 PM

you will never get rid of that 0420 code unless you switch back to your stock cat and mess with the computer a lil. my mirage had that issue, damn high flow bs.
car sounds awesomeeee, i am gettin my 40's on tomorrow

Old 11-17-2008, 05:24 PM

actually, i fixed the problem... without switching back!
a simple bolt-on restrictor and the problem is solved...

Old 11-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

In the before, all you can hear is the winding of the supercharger.
The after sounds so much better!

Quick Reply: Clips (as promised) of my exhaust...