General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Clips (as promised) of my exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Default RE: Intimidator **UPDATE**

Sounds awesome man! Did you notice a gain at all from switching out the mufflers?

Old 04-09-2008, 03:46 PM

i'll tell you what... i switched the entire exhaust out all in one go (DP, res, muffs...) and there is a difference, yes. it is harder to push the full 8 lbs ofboost (higher RPMs before hitting it) so i now have more room to expand. the acceleration didn't show much difference... i did lose some torque: it's harder to run my tires loose, but not much (it's still pretty easy). so really, to answer your question, nothing that noticeable...

Old 04-09-2008, 03:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

I'm not a fan of Flows on 6cyl cars so it pains me to admit that it actually sounds decent.
I think my Flow's sound sick!!!

Old 04-09-2008, 04:16 PM

Those do sound sick! I need to get some of those but I know my wife would freak, she already says my car is too loud and that is just after the CAI and Downpipe lol.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:26 PM

They are not loud obviously once you get used to them.

The 44's sacrafice loudness and give you a deeper lower sound.

Of course, some days they sound louder than normal,and other days I don't even notice them.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

I'm not a fan of Flows on 6cyl cars so it pains me to admit that it actually sounds decent.

I do too, when you're idling, but when you gas it you can tell it's a 6cyl that wishes it was an 8

Old 04-10-2008, 02:11 PM

I do too, when you're idling, but when you gas it you can tell it's a 6cyl that wishes it was an 8
I don't know about that. I would say we are experts, but not one person who has noticed them knows it is a six.

I have had about 6 people come up to me and ask me, "How do you like the 8-cylinder?"

Old 04-10-2008, 02:41 PM

I don't know about that. I would say we are experts, but not one person who has noticed them knows it is a six.

I have had about 6 people come up to me and ask me, "How do you like the 8-cylinder?"
That's why I can only comment on how it sounds to me. There's a huge difference between the flowmaster sound on a 6cyl and a 8cyl and anyone who can't tell the difference either doesn't know much or is under the influence. I'm not trying to take anything away from you, I like how yours sounds until you step on the gas when it screams 6cyl. But at idle, it sounds lovely.

This is what a V8 MC sounds like

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6vrbqHgu0JI

Night and day difference when you romp on it.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:55 PM

Thanks for the link, but I have a Ram 3500 with a 5.9L that has a Flowmaster on it.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:05 PM

Thanks for the link, but I have a Ram 3500 with a 5.9L that has a Flowmaster on it.
So would it be safe to assume that you believe your 6cyl MC with Flows sounds the same as your truck? Or are you just saying that it sounds like a V8 to those who don't know any better?

If it's the former, then we'll just agree to disagree since we're all entitled to our own opinions. If it's the latter, I rest my case.

Quick Reply: Clips (as promised) of my exhaust...