General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Cleaned the snow off the Monte

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 01:43 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Cleaned the snow off the Monte

We're getting crazy weather here in western Maryland. Lot's of snow and freezing rain. Oh well....at least I had off work today I wish I had room in the garage for the Monte...I hate cleaning the snow off of her. I absolutely hate driving her in this weather but she is my only car. Anyone else have to drive there Monte in the snow? Mine hates the snow...she even turned over a little slower than normal when I started her up lol. On another note I have a new backseat buddy I will put some pics up of him.

Attached Thumbnails Cleaned the snow off the Monte-2012-12-26-13.12.36.jpg   Cleaned the snow off the Monte-2012-12-26-13.14.41.jpg   Cleaned the snow off the Monte-2012-12-02-00.04.54.jpg  
Old 12-26-2012, 01:55 PM

I had to go to the store today - I cleaned the back window and by the time I cleaned the side windows and windshield the back was COVERED again.

Cleaned the driveway to boot (about 2 inches) and an hour later it's up to 3 inches again. Good news is at least now I got to try my second gear start in the Monte and it works flawless, barely any traction problems from a get go, even in the 4 inches I was driving in.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Now Mike, why are you driving the Monte in the snow when you got that nice shiny Kia to keep the Monte safe over winter???

When the snow starts flying, there is no doubt, it stinks. Wet roads and walk ways, not to mention the salt and the cold.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MonteMan92
We're getting crazy weather here in western Maryland. Lot's of snow and freezing rain. Oh well....at least I had off work today I wish I had room in the garage for the Monte...I hate cleaning the snow off of her. I absolutely hate driving her in this weather but she is my only car. Anyone else have to drive there Monte in the snow? Mine hates the snow...she even turned over a little slower than normal when I started her up lol. On another note I have a new backseat buddy I will put some pics up of him.

Getting the first "real" snow fall here now. Got a couple inches on the ground so far and it's still coming.

That's the exact same Taz "action figure" I got. Men don't have "dolls". Men have "action figures".

Old 12-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MonteMan92
Anyone else have to drive there Monte in the snow?
I drive my Monte in the snow , Because my other cars are parked for the winter..

Old 12-26-2012, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Now Mike, why are you driving the Monte in the snow when you got that nice shiny Kia to keep the Monte safe over winter???

When the snow starts flying, there is no doubt, it stinks. Wet roads and walk ways, not to mention the salt and the cold.
Because the Monte Carlo's handling is better in the winter. Unfortunately the Monte Carlo is too big for the garage to fit nicely and still accommodate stuff in it. So since I've got to park it outside, and covering it isn't an option since it needs to be moved around, so lately I've just been driving it.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

The Monte is my only vehicle. So unfortunately I have to drive it in the snow. And park in the snow too.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
Because the Monte Carlo's handling is better in the winter. Unfortunately the Monte Carlo is too big for the garage to fit nicely and still accommodate stuff in it. So since I've got to park it outside, and covering it isn't an option since it needs to be moved around, so lately I've just been driving it.
You got to do what is necessary Mike, it's a Monte Carlo it can take the pain... How are the heated leather seats working out for you?? Be safe bro.........

Old 12-26-2012, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
The Monte is my only vehicle. So unfortunately I have to drive it in the snow. And park in the snow too.
This applies to me also.

Here in PG County, we got heavy rain, snow, and sleet.
Went out today so I had to clean it off.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

turbo monte is hibernating. mike, we have a kia forte koup and its a beast in the snow. we cant get it stuck its awesome. we have winterforce tires on it, no studs and we were passing trucks on hills that were stuck with the kia!

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Cleaned the snow off the Monte