General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

can anyone help me figure out where this is?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:01 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Angry can anyone help me figure out where this is?

took my my car to mechanic...yet again. it brought up some of the same codes as b4 but now there is a new one c1238 -ABS Hydraulic Pressure Differential Switch Input Circuit failure. can anyone help me locate this...spot.... so to speak......where is the "ABS Hydraulic Pressure Differential Switch Input Circuit"?
the whole reason i had to take it to mechanic is because after driving around for 3 months without my abs connected...all my warning lights went away(trac off, brake,abs, and service traction control)..on their own. computer was never reset, abs was still disconnected. so i said screw it and hooked the abs back up. the only 2 lights that came back were the trac off and the service traction control. we reset the pcm. they still haven't come back yet. but after a day of driving the car the low tire pressure light came back on and stayed on. we checked all the tires...including the spare. spare was REALLY low, but the driving tires were not. reset the light today so i will have to drive it a lil bit longer to see if that light will come back on. my abs pump is malfunctioning worse when its cold, but lessons dramatically after she is driven a while (at least 20 min) and the longer i drive her i start to notice it doesn't even act up. which is also odd. but ok then lol. beings that she is still bringing up the c1298 code and the u1040 code so i figure if the ABS Hydraulic Pressure Differential Switch Input Circuit is the problem then the communications should be fine after the repair.... just need help finding this location to do the repairs. Thanks for any help!

Old 04-01-2011, 12:46 PM

IIRC, the ABS pump is on the driver side, has a series of hard lines running in to it