General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Canít find where this plug goes: 01í SS

Old 11-04-2018, 02:35 PM
Default Canít find where this plug goes: 01í SS

I just finished both intake manifold gaskets and both valve cover gaskets on my 01í SS. In the process, i unclipped a bunch of wires and I failed to label this one. It comes off of the wiring harness that goes down between the firewall and the back of the engine and eventually all the way to the downstream o2 sensor. This particular wire comes off of the harness right behind the PS pump. Itís a single blue wire with a single prong clip. It attaches to another single (orange) wire which is clipped to the back of the PS pump. The orange wire appears to be nothing more than an 8Ē extension of the blue wire. The orange wire goes nowhere and is loose.

any ideas where this thing goes?

PS car runs totally fine 🤷🏻*♂️

Old 11-05-2018, 08:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So, some engines have an extra air pump and some don't. Instead of GM creating a different wiring harness for both, they just include the sensor whether your car requires it or not. You are fine not having that plugged in anywhere

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.